Thread: Listen to these sounds

Thanks

Listen to these sounds

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi guys. I have these two samples of an effected vocal and I want to know what was used to manipulate the sound. I assume it was a keyboard with some type of pitch wheel. I have never used keyboards in my setup, mainly using sample cd's alone.
    How can I integrate a keyboard into my setup so that I can send it sounds I want to play with and then have it return it back to an input on my motu 896 hd? Is this similar to a send/return loop? Would a simple output to the keyboard and input into the 896 hd be enough? Would that give stable realtime results?

The samples are below.

http://www.vinyltransfers.com/Uploads/Demo11_aud.mp3
    http://www.vinyltransfers.com/Uploads/Demo4A_aud.mp3

Thanks
    The sound sounds as if it was sampled onto a sampler and then the second file different keys were pressed and then the sound was pitch shifted with the pitch wheel on the keyboard.

On the first file I can't put my finger on it but the same as above eccept that it sounds more like a slide than just a pitch change with the midi controller or whatever they were using.

Other people can comment on the keyboard situation as that can open up a can of worms.

Thanks
    the first one sounds like it might have some kind of filter in it.

the second does sound like slider.
    or sampled onto 16 levels.

Thread Information