Laptop studio - monitoring

K

KompleX

Ok so in your studio u have all the quality monitors and decent acoustic treatment.

What do you do when you are on the road and want to write music on your laptop? What do you use to hear your tracks?

If I were to produce on the road using a laptop, I would use headphones. And as soon as I got back to the studio, I would do the proper mix.

Damn man I didn't even know there was another Komplex around here lol. You been here way longer then me though.

But yo to answer your question headphones would be your best option. Just get a good quality pair like AKG or Sennheiser.

I even found a really nice pair of headphones at best buy for 30 dollars the aiwa hp-x223. Check them out you wont be dissapointed.

Peace

I'm not trying to sound condescending here (it's always hard to tell in print), but I would have thought that the answer was obvious.
I use a pair of IXOS "Ministry of Sound dj1003" that cost about $100US. These do the job fine, but if you have the cash, fork out on a pair of Sennheisers. As far as I know, they start out at a couple of hundred, and can cost up to about a grand. Don't quote me on that though! I tried a pair (I can't remember what model) that retailed for about $500US and they were the most comfortable headphones I have ever used (essential if you are monitoring for long periods of time). They have a beautiful sound with dead flat response. If you are richand you have everything else you want, fork out a couple of grand on a "Musical Fidelity" Headphones preamp and hook its input up to line out. Ah, we can all dream can't we?

Back