KRK Vs. Studiophile BX8a

deshawnpenrose

Gettin Money
Okay, I've seen the KRK's in almost every studio setup but i've never heard them......now I heard the Studiophile BX8a and was blown alway those things sound like a concert the so dam clear I love them but what about the KRKs are they better than the BX8a's

when i previewed both of those monitors the bx8a's were good, but the krks sounded like the better choice to me. the bx8a's high end seemed a bit harsh. i would suggest going and previewing them both and get what ever you personally like more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on what KRK's youre lookin at. If you get the KRK Rokit 5's... you'll DEFINATLY need the RP-10S sub. they really lack low end response. I mean.. the Rokit 5's have low end but its easily misjudged when trying to render your final mix. The RP-8's are more expensive BUT .. better low end. Thing is I would still recommend the Rokit 5's and the RP-10S. I have that setup .. I have used Beheringer and yamaha monitors but prefer the krk's. It really comes down to money youre willing to spend on your monitors too. There are both those brands with better then the KRK's BUT if you only have 500-600 for your monitors.. get the KRK's

Last edited:
my friend owns bx8a and he loves it so i doo too i don't own any monitors so i just take my stuff to his place and hear it.. and than i do my final mix.. those are some greate monitors... also don't get 8inch if u have very small room like 8ft by 8ft. thats what people say.. has some to do with acustik.. thing..

I have the BX8's I love them to death. I tested them out aginst the KRK RP-6's and I favoured the BX8's. The 8's have more low end response naturally being larger plus they have a better frequency response. I liked the KRK Rokit 8's but for the price tag they came with the BX8's were def the way to go. I mean for the price of the Rokit 8's you might as well wait and keep saving and get the Makies IMO. I love M-Audio and think they make an all around great product.

Back