Kontakt/Fruityloops Questions

eternalYouth

this didnt get any responses in the newbee board im gonna try it here.

2 questions:

is there any way to automate the kontakt controls when being used as a vsti in fruity loops?

...and is it possible to use an external midi device to control the kontakt controls in fruity loops?

I don't know a thing about fruity loops but Kontakt should be able to be controlled with external midi.

yeah kontakt is easily controlled by midi... but when i use kontakt inside FL *fl is now a vsti host* thats where i have my problem.. i dont know how to use midi with kontakt while in fl.

Well I thought it would be seemless. I use Kontakt in and out of Sonar and can control it via midi regardless. In that situation nothing special is done.

You would think FL would be the same way.

You can automate most VST's with Fruity, but the process is a bit different than with Fruity's internal controls.

In your Kontakt plugin window, click that little plug icon in the top-left corner, and go to "Link to controller". The rest should be evident.

Good luck!

How to automate in kontakt using fruity:

Open kontakt, at the left there is a tab "Auto" click on that.

Make sure the host par tab is shown.

Now you will see a list of paramaters, drag the top (or any) to the control you wish to automate.

This will give it a name.

Click top left triangle of kontakt window and click browse parameters.

This will bring up the automation paramter in the fruity navigation on the left.

Right click the parameter and click create automation clip.

Now you can draw what the hell you like, either do a bit of wacky panning or wobbling with a filter my chums.

Been looking for this answer everywhere and i worked it out the other day. You can kindly send me some cash for my time and patience if you like.

Back