just got a MPC-400 what now?!

• Thread starter djhush_EVERYTHI
  • Start date
D

djhush_EVERYTHI

hey im just starting to build up my studio, i just bought a MPC 4000, i have a 2 tech 12's vestax mixer, pioneer mixer(i want to do mostly hip hop and bootyghetto tek beats) i have about 200$ im looking to spend what would you guys recomend investing in?

PS(not sure if this is the right fourm, if not sorry!)

and now you go buy yourself a big stash of hash a crate of beers and produce ya sh-t man....!

the mpc is sick, but the instruction manual is translated real poorly from japanese to enlgish....its REALLY bad LoL:cry:

anyways,ive got a PC, the MPC some mixer tables and a kiawa kc20 midi keyboard, what next?

Played with the 4K last night

I'm hooked, I'm gonna see if the owner will let me phuck widit some more today. It's dope. I use the 3K almost to the exclusion of other sequences (just cuz I don't have access, not lack of interest) and the 4K is a nice advancement of the technology. We uploaded the 1.15 OS last night from using USB port that connect the PC to the MP, the possibilities of that and the ak.sys software for the 4K could be really nice. Upgrade your OS, they're releasing new ones like weekly at this point to fix bugs, add shortcuts and some features....

What's next for you --RTFM (imho), but I'm just realizin' how many people find it unuseful to crack the manual. The 3K book wasn't that bad; granted they use big words to describe simple functionality, but why should it be dumbed down? I got into a fairly heated discussion about the value of manuals with production equipment--so many people won't do it's surprising. All that trial and error, when you can read a couple of chapters (then do trial and error)--I dunno. I like the books. There's so much you (might) miss if you never look in the included manuals. Even when you read it, there's probly stuff that gets by you...what do y'all do? one atlien

ooh ive tried to use the manual, im no dummy me and a friend tried for a few hours to decipher the manual its not the big words, its the translation its just really messy to the point where u cant understand it! i have a 3.5GPA and this kid has a 3.8 so i would consider us 'smart' and ive learned more from trial and error and friends then i have from reading the manual front to back!

I don't know about the MPC-4000, but often times there will be user created webpages with info like tips and tricks and stuff. I know earlier akai samplers (S series mostly, I think) have lots of pages like that. I don't know if there'd be much on the MPC-4000 yet though, seeing as how it's pretty new.

as for anything else you'd need.. you've got all you need right now. but as for anything else you'd want.... hehe, well that's a different story... :)

OK u have a mpc that fine, but now u just can make beats with samples, buy a synth or sam, :) then u can go on for a litle time .

Back