Im Scared Of Computer

E

ethernine

im scared i swear to god i am scared to death of them

what i mean is i do use them sometimes

but im thinking of changein up my studio?

im bout to maybe roll with pro tools
im thinkin deep in hard and long very very long i got a vs2480 in the A studio but now we are makein another studio

and we wanna go cheap this time around

where thinkin of rolling with THE DIGI002 AND THE TASCAM US-2400

other things like seq we got the mv8k aready lol just had to say it to make mpc users mad lol just jokeing

but any of yall ever used pro tools
i mean i have had stuff done on it like mastering but that about it i have no hands on training how would the digi002 be for us to pick up and run with or is it a slow learning thing
most of us know already how to mix
so what do yall think should

we just go cop another vs2480 or should we just go cheaper with the pro tool and tascam us2400?

plus if i we do go with pro tools
some one point me too a good AND I MEAN GOOD AZZ COMPUTER I DON'T WANT F**KIN CRASHES

BUT IM STILL SCARED OF DAMN COMPUTERS LOL

All computers at least one point in time will crash, freeze or lock up on ya. Its a known fact.

Secondly, going to computer based recording can be somewhat costly.

There is a lot of issues to resolve before you purchase anything.

I suggest you do a search in this forum for "computer recording"

That is if your going buy mid-grade to high-grade stuff. And I would recommend that simply because the low-end stuff to me isn't worth spending money on. Especially if your serious about making music.

Oh and there is nothing to be afraid of computers. They are intense to record with.

I'm scared of ghosts.

I don't have any reason to be.

Maybe I should get over it.

Ya get me?

KomplexBeats said:
it youre worried about it crashing just buy a backup firewire drive and keep all your **** on that...
Or even better (if somewhat costly): a RAID 5 array. 4 striped disks + one parity disk. Great performance speeds, plus you can have one entire drive fail and be able to recover the data completely from the remaining 3 & the parity disk.

And while it is still a little expensive, fill it with 5 250GB drives and you've got yourself a fast, reliable, near-terabyte of data storage :D

Sorry ethernine, I didn't mean to geek out quite so much :)

Even better!

One single seperate drive strictly for audio (SCSI preferred). But a SATA will do.

And if your OS drive fails at least you'll have your audio.

Back