ignorance is bliss.... unless you wanna make a studio

anonomousmc

yo, you guys probly get a lot of ignorant mothaf8ckas like me in here askin questions. but this is one of the few resources i have, so...

im lookin to erect a studio. i have a:
G5 Mac with the huge screen
two nice turntables
a straight mixer for the tables
some nice headphones
and a dope mic.

i will be recording vocals, and producing there. closet will be modeled for the booth, so... what (piece by piece) do i need? moderate price range... helps appreciated

Stay up,
Anon

my friends got the "mike", i only know it was like 5 bills. i never said i got any software, thats what im f8ckin askin about.

-Anon

Last edited:
SOUND CARD/ interface
desk / or single pre amps
software sequencer / cubase / pro tools / sonar
more mics if you want to record more than just vox eg/ kick drum mic for bass and kick drums
effects/ reverbs multi efx ( flangers phasers trems etc) dynamic efx like compressors gates eqs. you can get software or hardware for these if you got alot of hardware you would want a patchbay
for hip hop alot of hip hop heads would say akai mpc or some type of sampler you can also get software sampler doesnt need to be hardware.
sounds from sample cds to making your own samples and synths vstis or hardware
midi controller

first of all i'd get a good sequencing software, a GOOD soundcard and GOOD monitors..

then get to know your sequencing software.. if you're so far that you are working with the sequencer comfortably and fast you'll know what you need/want to buy by yourself ;)

Well..since you have a MAC..the Obvious choice for an interface is a DIGI 002..that will come with Protools for recording and sequencing...and mixing

Back