i think im set

G

ghettodirt

i think im set but if anyone has any ideas of gear i should get or check out ..please let me knoe....
im doing hip hop.... and some punk refused type stuff.... i have yamaha ov1 mixer

line 6 flextone guitar amp
marshall jcm 900
marshall jcm 2000
69 traynor bass amp and cab
les paul
strat
ton and tons of vinyl

now i have 12,000 saved up and this is what im going to buy for sure

g4
mpc 2000xl with 8 outs and 32mb ram
digioo1
need some good monitors... tannoy??
large condensor mic
roland v-drums
tech 1200 and a vestax mixer 05 pro

ive been buying gear and saving for a while... if any one has any ideas of **** they think i should check out... it ould be much appreciated

thx

are you gonna get a regular G4 or a Dual G4... if you are a rapper or hip hop producer(me :D) i'm sure your gonna want more than the 24tracks that your gonna get wit the digi001 and pt Le. are you set on the Mac G4 if not... hear me out:

Dual AthlonXP or P4 northbridge 2.2gig(Jan2002)
Mpc2000Xl or RS7000
Korg Triton or Yamaha motif; both are solid combos
Shure ksm 32 or 44
DBX 576 or 586 Preamp
Tannoy or mackie monitors
o soundcard....RME Multiface,motu 2408, motu 896 ae the first cards to pop in my head. the Staudio System III is hot too.

then Run Nuendo or Logic 5 platinum if you go with the PC.
if you do go with the mac, look into Nuendo for mac a Digital Performer 3

thats all i could think of off the top of my head but then add the other stuff you were gonna get and thats a solid rap/hip hop studio.

he's doing hip hop not classical if you can't get a song done using 24 tracks in hip hop i feel for you.

get a rane 52i, 54i, or 56. the vestax line of mixers suck. they are overpriced, poor quality, and have terrible sound quality. get a gemini umx-7 or 9 before you get a vestax. rane is basically the studio standard.

are the rane mixers good for scratching?? thats all i really want the mixer for.... i thought vestax was the best..?

thx everyone for your imput.......

rane are awesome for scratching. vestax is not the best. you know kid koala, he recorded all of carpel tunnel syndrome with a rane. the fader feels different than the vestax, but its just a matter of getting used to it. can you try it out anywhere.

stogie thx very much..... i will for sure go try one out....
thx

If you've got a line6 amp why not take the sound direct out of that (it's just an amp with a POD on the front end isn't it?) There must be someway of using the pod front end on it direct into a desk. I reckon to start with you'll get much better sounds like that than trying to mic up one of the marshalls. Why have you got so many amps?

I reckon you want some toys as well, stuff to inspire you, fx in other words. Guitar pedals are relatively cheap and can be played around with in real-time, zoom stuff as well is cheap and can be lots of fun.

KasioRoks

i mic the marshall and use the direct out of the line 6... yes i t is like a pod.. basicly the same but 300 watts of ball crushing power... i have so many amps because my bands keep getting bigger and louder.. and i dont like to sell gear .. every peice of equipment has its own sound... no two are alike.... .. thx to everyone for info and imput.... p.s. line 6 amps suck on the road dont get one other than for studio use......

Back