I was needing a little help from anyone that can please.....

D

DjAquasia

Ok, I post a message a while back about making music on a synth itself.....well, I'm all set with that, but it's still not 110% how I want it.......I just need to know how the whole computer studio works, and whether or not my computer can do it. I have about 26 gigs on my com or something like that and it is a hewlett Packard Pavilion. Also, are computer programs like cubasis like sequencers or what are they exactly? Please, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance, Peace and Love, Ryan:victory:

Ryan,

I'll try and help, but your question was a little confusing. Whether your 'puter is good enough I don't know 'cos that's not my bag, but there's plenny of 'puter bods on here who can tell you.

Cubasis, cubase, logic, cakewalk et al are sequencer programs. This means that you can use them to transmit midi messages (which you have played or drawn into the program) to other midi pieces of equipment in order to play back your compositions. The best analogy I can think of is that of the old player pianos midi sequencing is a kind of modern update on that. However as computers have got more powerful most of these packages now offer some kind of audio recording as well.

Hope this helps.
KasioRoks.

Hi Ryan ,

If you wish to have a totally computer based studio try Reason by Propellerheads. It may be easier for you to work with this than getting into the whole issue of MIDI routing and interfacing that you will need to do if connecting the equipment to an external interface.

Back