I Need Help...

R

Rd-Z

Holla to everyone. I'm from Malaysia. I'm interested in making hip hop music. I want to make songs. I want to be a rapper. I want to make a demo tape/cd kind of thing. I wrote some fine lyrics already... it's just that I want to know the next step...

Can someone tell me what I need to know about a home studio based on computers...

What i mean is that I need a guide for what to buy(pc,mic,etc i dunno)

I have a tight budget.

I'm asking for a complete guide from A to Z on how to make music/songs and put them onto cds so that i can send them to record labels/company in my area...

google search for the complete guide.
search here for the other stuff, this has ben asked heaps of times the answers should be here.

There's really not a cheap way to do this. I'm a radio DJ, I can tell you right now, you won't be able to do it professionally without spending at least $200.

Pretty much what you need to record things on a computer.

1. A mixer (Behringer & Yamaha are good)
2. Microphones (XLR. Hint: If you got the line connected to the microphone that you cannot remove, don't buy it.)
3. Software (This one is a tricky one because there's some software that is better than another in some features and another that is better at a different one.
I'd recommend that you just go to the distributors websites and download the trial. Play around with it until you get comfortable with one software.

- Sony Vegas
- Sony Acid
- Adobe Audition

Those are the best ones (in my opinion)

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Zeav said:
There's really not a cheap way to do this. I'm a radio DJ, I can tell you right now, you won't be able to do it professionally without spending at least $200.

i guess you meant at least 2000.. not 200.. :confused:

i wouldn't know of any semi-professional setup that would cost close to approx. 200$..

Zeav said:

1. A mixer (Behringer & Yamaha are good)

imho behringer are NOT good mixers.. (my personal opinion, but i've seen others sharing that opinion)

they're ok, if you can't afford anything better, but otherwise i would never recommend them..

Rd-Z: check this link: http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
there you'll have lots to read, many questions, and many answers ;)

Back