Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I got shocked! someone help!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I got shocked! someone help!!

    Sign in to disable this ad
    AHH!
    I rearranged my home studio, everything seemed to be working good, space is VERY short so my mixer is on top of my SKB 6 space in which my sampler is mounted. when i touch the mixer and the metal part of the case i get a small shock, im not worried about me, but my equipment!
    Ill try to give as much detail as possible about my setup....
    i have my computer and monitors very close to my synths and sampler, but it is plugged into a different fuse(got some nasty buzzing in my sampler when they were on the same fuse) all my other stuff (korg ms2000, akai s3000xl, scsi drive, ensoniq esq-1) are plugged into a power strip. im not using any weird converters and no i havent cut off the ground on any of the plugs to make them fit heh,it took me about 3 hours to move and reset up my stuff and this is the perfect place....so what do i do to get rid of the shock?? :confused:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sounds like you'll just have to work through it methodically.... unplug everything then put them all back in one at a time until you get shocked again

    it might sound like a chore, but its that or a multimeter

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Grounded

    Make Sure all your gear is grounded properly meaning one of your euro cables might be faulty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •