how you hook a 32 track mixer to yo pc

R

REAL BOY ENT

wuz up how do you hook a mixer up to yo comp so u can you can use it for mixin with your recording software

u will need a audio interface dat has a lot of in's and outputs to hook it up. usually pro interfaces come with 8 ins n 8 outs, so dat mean u could send 8 channels at a time into ur computer den monitor 8 ch. at a time. remember dat dont mean u can only mix 8 sounds at a time from ur mixer, just bus down everything meaning, submix all ur drums to 2 channels, synth sounds 2 channels etc.

Really it comes down to what kinda work your doing.

Most 32 channel desks have atleast 4 busses, which is fine for most stuff. Smaller audio interfaces with 192/96 are rediculously cheap anyway so it shouldnt be a problem.

If ur jsut working with samplers, sound modules, synths e.t.c you could always just use ur comp as a midi sequencer. Everyone hates midi to begin with, but its very flexable, cheap, and dosent eat ur comp up. Just hook each divice to its own channel on ur desk.

Btw I gotta ask..... how could someone get their hands on a decent 32 channel without knowing how to hook it up? Are u asking for any reason, or just to make another thread?

...last year someone gave me a 24 channels desk from Fostex and i didnt know how to connect it....I had G4 and mac os 9.2
Its not easy to find a decent cheap soundcard.... depends what operating system u use...

THANKS I AN'T GO IT YET BUT I SAVED UP SOME OF MY PAY CHECKS AND I GOT 3200 ALREADY

There are many ways to do it.You just have to make sure of what type of interface you want. Analog or Digital.
I have a MOTU2408MK3 Which allows me Both. I currently have it set up as 8 analog in and 16 Digital in.

For you I guess it depends on the Mixer but I'd recommend Getting an Interface that does both so If you'd want to hook up Outboard analog gear.

Back