How many Reason users do we have on here?

still use it frome time to time on my laptop as a portable composing tool.

Kontakt is taking over in the studio though.

i used to use it...

now i use my MPC

but i still use reason for drum and bass.

I'm good with alot of Programs, but Reason is my baby. Isn't Kontakt just a sampler though? At least that's what I thought.

Intelx

ninth_wonder_nj said:
just curious...cuz i think this is one of the best programs out

I have to disagree with you regarding putting Reason along with the best studio programs in the world! I’ve seen a lot of angry people out there, in the time I’ve been communicating in music production forums (like FP), who has bought Reason and sooner discovered that the export quality is lower than other studio software! I’ve also heard that you can’t record in Reason from the LINE-IN on a soundcard – you have to record in a wav editor (that’s no good at all) and then import a recorded file into Reason. I’ve also heard that it doesn’t support VST instruments, and the inbuilt synthesizers and reverb effects lack big-time in sound quality.

Comparing this program with the top-line producer studio software is terrible wrong, if you want my opinion. I’m not a Reason hater, and I’m not about to start a new debate against Reason, but I really want people to look at the reality of this program before they spend money on it. And those things I mentioned above are something people should get to know properly before buying it.

i agree.
i LOVE reason, but not because it's the "best" but because it's right for ME. for my experience, for my budget, for my needs, it's MVP. but it lacks a lot, it's limited by a lot, and it's by no means the end all software. gotta be kiding yourself if you think that.

Neither does any of that negate his enthusiasm for the software.

It'd be nice if someone could excitedly rant about their instruments of creativity just once in a while without people having to point out the flaws in said package.

No offence, cubbyhouse, but he wasn't comparing it to anything...his preference for it lead to him asking "who uses this too?" not "what can you tell me to burst my bubble?"

His enthusiasm for Reason shouldn't threaten your comfort with your setup at all....so why act like it?

His enthusiasm causes him to make a colored and floating image of that particular studio software. This forum, ‘future producers’, has many newbie’s as members, and all I want to do with this post of mine is to stabilize a little so those newbie’s out there who are looking for their first studio software get to be aware of the missing of some really important producer functions in that software!

“The best out,” means that it stands side by side with Logic Audio 6.0 Platinum. But in reality, they’re so far away from each other as they can be. And for those newbie’s in here who don’t have that technical insight in studio software, they can easily think that they’re going to save a lot of money just ‘buying another brand’.

If this has been a forum dedicated to Reason (lovers) only, I would have seen your point here. But this forum is dedicated for everyone and anyone, and it has a lot of daily viewers, so I can’t see your point here, really - I’m sorry.

If he really likes Reason and finds it useful for his needs, he’s ‘bubble’ shouldn’t be threaten by my post at all – If you look closer, you’ll see that I’m not holding a needle here. :)

cubbyhouse, I strongly reccomend that you try Reason for yourself before making any assumption about it based on FP forums...

Reason is *not* multitrack software like Logic, it's a midi sequencer with internal effects and instruments. Kind of like Triton and similiar hardware workstations. In this category of software, it is one of the best!

So do you actually use reason?

cubbyhouse said:

I have to disagree with you regarding putting Reason along with the best studio programs in the world! I’ve seen a lot of angry people out there, in the time I’ve been communicating in music production forums (like FP), who has bought Reason and sooner discovered that the export quality is lower than other studio software! I’ve also heard that you can’t record in Reason from the LINE-IN on a soundcard – you have to record in a wav editor (that’s no good at all) and then import a recorded file into Reason. I’ve also heard that it doesn’t support VST instruments, and the inbuilt synthesizers and reverb effects lack big-time in sound quality.

Comparing this program with the top-line producer studio software is terrible wrong, if you want my opinion. I’m not a Reason hater, and I’m not about to start a new debate against Reason, but I really want people to look at the reality of this program before they spend money on it. And those things I mentioned above are something people should get to know properly before buying it.

I have reason, I started off with Version 1 (which to be honest was a bit pooh! I now use V2.5 and I agree that it definately is not the be all and end all but if you want a virtual rack thats capable of producing a massive array of sounds then it's good,, there are a few issues with the export quality which is why you dont realy want to use it as a sequencer, just as a sound module, you need to rewire reason (use a third party sequencer program such as logic, cubase etc.. as the sound engine thus bypassing reasons own engine) this makes for a lot crisper sound. I also use fruity loops, acid 4.0, adobe audition and logic 5 plat..

Back