Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to make bass drag?

Thanks

how to make bass drag?

Sign in to disable this ad
    How do i get my bass to drag. All i can do is get a simple bass that has a hums but it cuts off like normal. I want a bass that will drag to the next note? Does this make sense? if not i will post an example of a song with bass like this. If yall heard of Mike Jones that "sewed up" song on the day hell broke loose 2 is what im looking for.

Also another sound im curious about.
    On that petey pablo song freak a leak 2
    that whistle soound. sounds like its on alot of rap songs just different versions of it. What instument or synth is used to get that? again if yall need an example i will post a song up
    ya dig?

Thanks
    and no im not jockin these songs i dont even listen to these particular songs but i like these 2 features they use its throwd
    ya dig?

youngjboy Guest
    I am not sure how to make a bass drum drag out that long. You can set the decay longer and that will make it last longer than the preset. Some dragging bass is off of keyboards though. Hope it helps some.

Thanks
    i havent heard these songs.. but it sounds like for the bass, what you want is the sustain, decay and release parameters on your synth

Thanks
    If you can, post examples. I'm not sure I know what you mean with the "drag"...but I'm pretty sure I can give you some directions if I hear what's going on.

Thanks
    As for the other whistling sounds it's just a simple sine wave in most cases. A sine wave with portamento in most cases.

Thanks
    Alright heres the bass i was talkin about on the link below. you can here the kick in the back but im talkin about the constant humming bass.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/Downl...cfm?ID=1581963

it wont let me post the link to the actual song itself it take you to the main page so its the very last song at the very bottom
    Last edited by BThrowd; 09-06-2004 at 03:59 PM.
    ya dig?

Thanks
    Thats a synth sub bass line basically.....probably a pre-set on any standard synth out these days-

Thanks
    i posted couple different examples on the whistle type sound i was talkin about. Same link very bottom songs.

As for the synth sub bass line is there software that has this feature that you know of and recommend? And what kinda hardware would i like for that makes bass. Im really new to all the synths ive never even seen one in person haha.
    i have a couple software synths.
    Hq orchestral, NI reaktor that my friend gave me on disk i havent even tried the reaktor yet. These are considered synths right?
    ya dig?

Thanks
    Yes they are...Reaktor should have what your looking for....Not exactly an entry level program though.....Tuff learning curve there, but pull up some of the factory synths and dial through the sounds and Im sure you can find a preset similiar to what your'e looking for-

Thread Information