Thread: How I would record vocals in this environment?

Thanks

How I would record vocals in this environment?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have an iMac with the Mbox. My studio is in a big basement room with my sisters furniture and boxes.. I am having someone doing vocals for me, and need to find the best way to set up my mic and such.. should i try and make a so called booth out of furniture and boxes as far away from my computer?

Also

What are some tips for recording vocals with the Mbox.. Should i give the vocalist headphones (dont know how), should my monitors be on. I need help

Thanks
    State of Tranquil

Thanks

Re: How I would record vocals in this environment?

Originally posted by Tranquil
    What are some tips for recording vocals with the Mbox.. Should i give the vocalist headphones (dont know how), should my monitors be on. I need help

Thanks
    If the mic is close enough to the monitors, you'll have to turn the monitors off so the sound doesn't bleed into the vocal track. Either way, your vocalist will need headphones.

I don't record vocals in a vocal booth so I can't give much advise on that, but if you can create a vocal booth, do so. Generally, you don't want the natural reverb of the vocals bouncing off of hard surfaces. The furniture in there is probably a good thing.
    Last edited by Bezo; 11-17-2003 at 06:07 AM.
    The groove baby, the groove...

Thanks
    Try to get the mic in the center of your space. Cover the walls with something that will help absorb the sound, reducing reflection and standing waves. If the monitors are facing away from the mic, have them on very low are off preferred. The singer will need headphones, I use 001 but, I'm pretty sure you have a headphoine jack. Route everthing out of 1-2.

www.mixlineent.com

Thanks
    hey thanks aloy guyss, i will take all this intoi serios consideration.. ill let you know how it rurns out.,
    State of Tranquil

Thread Information