Home Studio Help!

S

Sparda

i am 15 and producing HipHop and Electronica in tha same room :P

rite...

i want to know wot i will need

i am gettin the Behringer Eurorack UB1204FX-Pro mixer, i don't know wot mic to get for my vocals... shure SM58 (not studio) or a audio technica AT3035 (studio)...

an i will also get a compressor

i need help on how to set these up and wot equiptement would be best...

thx

Behringer garbage without a long explanation get a MACKIE mixer DFX12 $199 or something more rock solid then behringer

Mics, cop the Rode NT1 for $199
sounds like Mics in the thousands category

Yeah if its for recording go for a codenser mic like the rode nt1 or nt1000 (the budget priced audio technica,s aren,t bad on acoustic guitars but they can sound kind of brittle and don,t compare to the rodes in the same price category on vox)

Sm 58,s are good mics but better suited to live work or more experimental recording applications like multiple micing and such.

I definately agree that a budget mackie desk is a better buy than a behringer;i used a mackie desk on the road in my home studio for years and it always sounded crisp and clean.

cheers for the info,

i will be using:
Adobe Audition (CEP 3)
Reason 2.5
Fruity Loops 4.5.1
Cubase (Not Regulary)

So a mackie mixer and a rode nt1...
£500 - $800 is my budget

but i am only 15 so it ent dat bad!

sparda

You know that the Mackie mixers are now also made in China??? Same as Behringer, and probably at the same factory! or at the least, just down the road.

I really think there's a slim difference between a budget Behringer mixer and a budget Mackie mixer. They are both low cost mixers, made from cheap materials, parts, and electronics. The Mackie pre amps, if you buy the VLZ series, maybe slightly better.

Just my thoughts.....

Good luck!

cheerz ppl...

i will have a look around for that equipment...

if any1 wants to add anythin...
feel free...

sparda

Back