Hokking up midi?

S

Slava

hey guys how do i hook up a keyboard that has midi in/out into my pc? it has o usb. do i need a mixer? Thanx

the interface would be the easiest thing to do, but a cheaper way would be to buy a midi adapter and connect it to the joystick port ont he back on ur pc and then conect the keyboard out to the midi in on the midi adapter if u have an external gaer(triton) go from in on back of gear to midi out

Ok, all i have is an onboard soundcard (C-Media Wave Device) and a yamaha psr 320 keyboard.
I tried connecting it to the joystick port, but nothings happening.
Then hooked up the same kboard to a soundblaster live and its all working pretty good.
yeah, i know i should consider buying a whole lot of equipment, decent soundcard and midi controller included at least. but for the moment i have only this...
anyays. does anybody know why this is happening? any suggestions, pls?
tnx a lot.

krushing said:
You need a MIDI/USB interface like this one. A mixer has to do only with when dealing with audio, not MIDI.

Well not to digress but thats not neccasserily true anymore when you look at digital mixers such as the O1x.

JusDaFied said:

Well not to digress but thats not neccasserily true anymore when you look at digital mixers such as the O1x.

That's true. I was just clearing it up for a newbie who obviously didn't have a grasp on these things, so bringing in too many things at once would've made the explanation confusing.

And I'm still all analog when it comes to mixers ;)

Back