Thread: help with my room

Thanks

help with my room

Sign in to disable this ad
    hi, I have a pair of Yamaha studio monitors but i think i have no bass because of my room!
    i Want to change HS8 for the KRK RP8 G4 because i can't put my monitors 1.5 m from walls behind...
    Can you help-me ? it's a good decision ?
    this is my room

if I sit on the drums I like the sound of the monitors more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20201005_135935-jpg   estudio-jpg   img_20201005_135953-jpg  

Thanks
    Up

Thanks
    I canít see the pictures for what ever reason but bass traps should work. You can make them yourself pretty cheap and theyíll keep the bass from bouncing all around the room creating standing waves. If you donít have a way of making them, grab some insulation from a local supplier and pop them in the corners while still wrapped up in the bags and see if that helps at all.

Thanks
    I think in your reality, this is the best version!

Thanks
    For now perhaps. I have a similar issue, my room is tiny (literally a 2 meters by 2 meters box) and I've got 8" M-Audios, they've got a bass setting on the back but they're so loud they have to be turned to low. can't wait to move out and actually benefit from them properly, don't damage your hearing though!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOFY92 View Post
    For now perhaps. I have a similar issue, my room is tiny (literally a 2 meters by 2 meters box) and I've got 8" M-Audios, they've got a bass setting on the back but they're so loud they have to be turned to low. can't wait to move out and actually benefit from them properly, don't damage your hearing though!
    I think it is impossible to organize a decent studio in such a small room.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_12 View Post
    I think it is impossible to organize a decent studio in such a small room.
    This legit? A buddy of mine gets fantastic sound quality in his room but I don't know much about this stuff to be fair.

Thanks
    Changing monitors won't help. First I would move your desk in front of the window. You usually want your speakers firing down the longer part of the room.

The amount of bass trapping you would need to fix that is too much. It's not feasible. You should get a demo of Sonsrworks 4, and buy a measurement mic for $30. Sonarworks may help reduce the bass bass problems you hear.l and its not that expensive.

Thread Information