Help me with my EMU E5000!!!!!

C

capporegime

does anyone know if you can save the FX settings on the E5000 as part of a bank.

Its a real pain in the arse when you load in a new bank and the FX settings remain from the previous bank...my Akai did this perfectly, the EMu must be able to do it too....

Can any one help

cheers
capporegime

capporegime,

yeah, that use to really fuq me off. here's the thing: you gotta go to fx setup (hit the master key, then f4, then f3) and set up one midi channel to control the fx. I always use channel two 'cos that's where my loops tend to be (- it made sense at the time OK?!)

Then when you want to use an effect, hit the preset edit button when you're on the right channel (in my case midi channel 2, loops), then f3 (global), then 'next'. All you have to do then is select which effect you want from A, hit 'next' again for B.

This means that when you load up a multi it takes the info from channel two and loads it up as well. I haven't thought about this for a while, but I'm pretty sure that's how it all works. If not just mail me & I'll think harder! Also I really recommend buying the manual, rather than using the pdf file that comes with it. It's just so much easier to work with (any manufacturers listening out there?)

KasioRoks:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers KasioRoks,

ill give that a go, and get back to you if i cant get it to work!!

your on the money as far as the manual goes!!!
When i bought my E5000, i didn't have a PC, so i couldn't access the PDF disc...i was well pissed off!

After spending over £1000 on a piece of equipment you would expect that they would include a manual...i know its to help the environment and all that , but everyone is going to print out the PDF anyway so how does that help!!

I had to fork out another £20 for a manual and wait before i could start using the sampler...just didn't make sense to me at all!!

ill be in touch if i cant get it to work..

cheers again

capporegime

Back