Thread: Help me expand my home studio

Thanks

Help me expand my home studio

Sign in to disable this ad
    What I have:

p4 2.4 ghz /1.5 gigs memory/300 gig HD/Reason 3.0/Kurzweil 2500s/Cubase LE.

Sound Card: is an Audigy Platinum (was great for toying around because I also play computer games) but now i want to get serious with "Vocals".

Monitors: I have the Rokit5s and love them thanks to all the FP advice and personal research. Now because of my soundcard and the Klipsh 5.1speaker system i have hooked up to it, I purchased an Alesis mutlimix 8 USB mixer to connect my Rokits.

I now want to get the RP 10 sub monitor for low end response.

1. Do I need to get 2 of these or is 1 enough. (I produce Hip Hop)

2. How would I hook the sub or subs to the mixer and still controll the total mix with the "control room knob" on the mixer (or does it not matter)

3. I also want to start recording vocals and my above setup is conflicting (I cant isolate the vocals when using the mixer as my audio interface =/ I cant figure it out.) Its USB CODEC and I have little hair left to pull from the countless hours of trying to isolate the mic from the mix. (I get vocals and music together when i just want the vocals accapella).

So it leads me to the next question.

Its time for a new Soundcard/interface any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For a 1k Budget im thinking below is my solution.

Im thinking a new soundcard/ a good mic pre amp/ (I have a Shure SM58) a new mic for Vocals if I can squeeze it/ as well as my RP 10s.

Thanks again in advance.

Eso

Thanks
    One of the RP10 subs will be fine. I'm not familiar with that mixer, so I'm not certain about sub hookup there.

I've found my M-audio Delta 1010LT pretty sweet, and while I haven't recorded a ton of vocals with it, those I have done have been all good.

I've got a Mackie mixer, and have been actually using the preamp in that to record, and seperate the channels - however the 1010LT has reasonable preamp in it I believe.

Thanks
    You should check out some good hardware sites, thats usually the best place to start

Thanks
    I would get rid of that soundcard before doing anything else. Or at least have another card spesifically for making music. The already recommended M-audio is great.

Thanks
    Go spend 250$ on a ZOOM ps04 4track that has smart media card interface and a smart media card reader to put on Ur comp.Then upload Ur track to the Ps04 on chan1 and record vocals on chan 2-4. Also you really need a better sound card. M-audio works grate.

Thread Information