Help me on audio interfaces and.....

cp2_4eva

Ok, I posted this SAME message in a couple other forums and maybe I have been posting them in the wrong place. Here it is again. And Carnage, if you read this then don't even mention me posting in 3 different forum, I get the damn picture! LOL!!!

I am going to turn my PC into a music production station or a DAW as they call it. I know sound output is really important, so I am tryna get my money's worth because my budget ain't to big at all. Now for the questions.

1. What exactly does an audio interface do?

2. I don't want to spend much over $300 for the audio interface so what would be my best bet in buying one?

3. What would be the best sound card for the best price? Remember...LOW BUDGET!

4. I was thinking about investing in an MPC 1000, but would that be ideal since I am doing my music via PC, or would it be a bad idea? Or maybe MPC 2000?

5. Should I just drop the idea of buying an MPC XXXX and just get an MPD 16 for use of a controller since I already have a Triton Studio (that's the only piece of equipment I got at the moment)

Yes, I know I need serious help...so fire away!

Sup cp2_4eva,

You should get an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Soundcard. There have been many good things told about this Audio Interface on this site and it is only $150. You should look more into it first before taking my opinion seriously.

As for an MPC, there have also been good things said about the New MPC1000 so you should go ahead and look more into that. The 1000 will cost ya about $800 New. And since you have a Triton already this would be perfect for sampling sounds onto your MPC.

So yea, try and work with the Audiophile and MPC1000 both for $950. Hit me bak if you got anymore questions...Payce

X

In my opinion...

If you already have a Triton and a computer, there's enough sampling power for you. Getting a MPC would be most about it's sound or the feel. But for plain sampler-use (what MPC is), you already have good tools.

You should invest your money into some sound source, maybe a synth or an acoustic instrument, depending what you need.

As said above, the Audiophile 2496 would be a good choice for a soundcard. Or if you are going to buy more eguipment in future and don't have a mixer, maybe you should also consider Delta 410.

Wow, thanks for the hook up guys. Any info on that Mbox...I hear it's dope. And it comes with Pro tools 6.1.1 for PC. Is it a good catch? I mean I did the research on the audiophile and for some odd reason my main concern is get my Alesis M1s to have an interface to plug into. Would that be a wrong reason to get an audio interface? Cuz I get the gist of it, but I still ain't too clear on the use of an audio interface. I'mma creative dummy once again!

Back