HELP (I'm a new producer)

3p Productions

I have the custom computer and all the software to get started but i dont have a studio and i really need to start building on (im on a budget tho) any thoughts <plz make sure that it is compatible with Reason 3.0>

is it just a production studio? "meaning beats " or are you tryn to record vocals too.......... production equipment that is copatable with reason u should get an m audio drum pad and a midi controler........

YABOICHEEZE said:
is it just a production studio? "meaning beats " or are you tryn to record vocals too.......... production equipment that is copatable with reason u should get an m audio drum pad and a midi controler........
Im tryin to do vocals also ( i've already started wit my beats)

Here are some things that you will most likely need if you do not have them yet.
1. A decent audio interface.
2. Some type of midi controller for Reason
3. A mic
4. A preamp
5. DAW software to record the vocals (reason does not record vocals.. I'd get one that you can rewire with reason).
6. Acoustical treatment for the room
7. Good monitor speakers.

rabblerouser said:
Here are some things that you will most likely need if you do not have them yet.
1. A decent audio interface.
2. Some type of midi controller for Reason
3. A mic
4. A preamp
5. DAW software to record the vocals (reason does not record vocals.. I'd get one that you can rewire with reason).
6. Acoustical treatment for the room
7. Good monitor speakers.
Thanks for the in-sight. does any1 kno any good brands???

3p Productions said:
Everything i have is M audio

Everything that you have may be M-Audio, but what do you have? Do you already have an audio interface? A midi controller? A midi-sport? Monitor speaker? M-Audio makes a lot of different things, from interfaces to mics to preamps to midi controllers...

Here are some brands anyway.
Audio interfaces: RME, MOTU, Digidesign, Presonus, M-Audio
Midi Controllers: M-Audio, Novation, CME, E-MU
Mics: Shure (SM57, SM58, SM7b), EV RE20, RODE, AKG,
PreAmps: True P-Solo, Grace 101, FMR RNP, M-Audio DMP3 and Tampa,
Accoustic Treatment: (Start with bass traps) GIK Acoustics, RealTraps, DIY

Thats just some stuff off the top of my head. If you are a bit more specific of what you have, what you want to do, budget, etc... we can point you in the right direction.

rabblerouser said:
Everything that you have may be M-Audio, but what do you have? Do you already have an audio interface? A midi controller? A midi-sport? Monitor speaker? M-Audio makes a lot of different things, from interfaces to mics to preamps to midi controllers...

Here are some brands anyway.
Audio interfaces: RME, MOTU, Digidesign, Presonus, M-Audio
Midi Controllers: M-Audio, Novation, CME, E-MU
Mics: Shure (SM57, SM58, SM7b), EV RE20, RODE, AKG,
PreAmps: True P-Solo, Grace 101, FMR RNP, M-Audio DMP3 and Tampa,
Accoustic Treatment: (Start with bass traps) GIK Acoustics, RealTraps, DIY

Thats just some stuff off the top of my head. If you are a bit more specific of what you have, what you want to do, budget, etc... we can point you in the right direction.
THX MAN

Back