Thread: Help hooking up my monitors...

Thanks

Help hooking up my monitors...

Sign in to disable this ad
    Wassup y'all, i got a pair of the SDJ-08 Pioneer monitor speakers and i ran into confusion when hooking them up. My AU is a focusrite saffire pro 14 and i hooked up the monitor using TRS cables but whats special about the sdj08's is that have their own volume control and i am confused onto how to use it when the AU has its own monitor knob. anyways to set it up so i can use the pioneer's volume controller rather than the AU's? thanks.

Thanks
    Well, I don't really understand your situation but lemme try to get this straight - your monitors have volume knobs on 'em and you want to use those instead of the audio interface's. If that's the case, just max out the volume on the saffire. If you're saying you want to use the saffire to control the volume knob on the pioneers...I don't think that's possible.

Thanks
    the pioneer monitors come with thier own knob yeah. so just max the saffire out? that makes sense but it wont affect anything quality wise since the monitor knob on the saffire would turn into a gain knob "hypothetically" speaking since im then adjusting with the pioneer knob? or does it make no difference whether i crank up all the or not?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhance View Post
    the pioneer monitors come with thier own knob yeah. so just max the saffire out? that makes sense but it wont affect anything quality wise since the monitor knob on the saffire would turn into a gain knob "hypothetically" speaking since im then adjusting with the pioneer knob? or does it make no difference whether i crank up all the or not?
    I would crank the volume on the speakers and use the audio interface to control the overall volume when mixing. Though either options would work.

Just have to find whats comfortable for you.

Thanks
    hi
    i am agree with jetik , i do it and i found int useful
    75% off buy now http://www.prep4sure.com/cgfns-practice-test.html
    75% on ALL IT Exams buy now testking phr

Thanks
    It would be great if you could turn the speakers up to about 85 dB (if you have, or know someone who has an spl meter). Then crank them up a little past that (let's say if it's at 12:00 o'clock, then you turn the speaker volume up to 12:15). Then go back and adjust your interface volume so that you know where 85-90 dB is. This is pretty much optimum near-field monitoring volume.

GJ
    Last edited by rhythmgj; 09-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information