Is this a good studio set-up?

P

Platinum Status

I'm a 15-year-old hip-hop producer / rapper, and I'm starting to make a home studio to set-up in my room. Let me know if you recommend the following equipment:

Drum machine = Zoom MRT-3 Rhythm Machine
Multitrack recorder = Zoom MRS-4 4 track digital recorder
Microphone = Gemini 3 GM-26 mics packed in one box
Keyboard = Yamaha PSR-225GM
Accessories = Ultimate MC-05B mic stand

Sure beats what I had at 15.
But a computer would open up a lot of possibilities for you.
Peace,
LC

I already got a computer, but it's not in my room... it's got Fruity Loops 3.4, Mix Meister Pro, Fruity Tracks 2, and Cool Edit 2000 with Studio and Audio Clean-Up plug-ins... and we also got a laptop with Cool Edit 2000...

I already got a computer, but it's not in my room... it's got Fruity Loops 3.4, Mix Meister Pro, Fruity Tracks 2, and Cool Edit 2000 with Studio and Audio Clean-Up plug-ins... and we also got a laptop with Cool Edit 2000...

Sounds Pretty Good...Do You Know How to Use Any of It? If not, Time to Put In Some Work! :D

:cheers:

instead of the Zoom 4 track (about $600 new) i'd get a second hand Roland VS-880 (about $500). in fact, you should look at the second hand market for all your stuff - you could get a lot more bang for your buck.

Yeah man, just check out e-bay and stuff like that. You don't need a credit card for e-bay so it should suit your needs. Personally though.....I would rather go to second hand stores, cuz then you can play witht the stuff before you buy it. However, if you find vintage gear for cheap off e-bay, its definitely worth it.

that cmputer setup sounds crunk but wat type of op u using?:D Your setup (hardware and software) makes me mad i 'm not your friend:mad:

Yeah man....I love ebay too....I wasn't dissing it or anything by any means.....IMO, it's the most convenient way to shop!

And yeah!, they should loosen up.....I mean.....I wanna sell my soul man....I'll even trade it......anybody want a soul??? I'll part with it for a Virus kc, or a Lead 3.....any takers??? anybody?

Thanks for the advice everybody... I'm 'bout to check out E-Bay right now...

aris said:
that cmputer setup sounds crunk but wat type of op u using?:D Your setup (hardware and software) makes me mad i 'm not your friend:mad:

I'm using an HP Pavilion mx70 (40 GB Ultra DMA hard drive, 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 256 MB SDRAM memory, with CD-RW & DVD-ROM drives).

I don't know too much about the hardware, but I listed the software in the the third post. If you want some really tight software, just download Kazaa and you can get the full versions of professional software for free.

That should do you find......I personally use a 1ghz P3 w/ 512 megs of ram and I haven't had any problems with it......then again, I haven't really overloaded it too much as I just use Cubase and a couple soft synths......anyhoo, I'm jealous of your computer.....

You haven't mentioned what type of music you are,or are hoping to make.I'm going to assume it's hip hop though.O.K. I read it again and it says you rap...now we have that cleared up.Do not bother with the 4 track,it will get played out within minutes.You need a minimum of 8 (though 8 sometimes isn't even enough).It seems a good piece of advice to go with the vs880...just make sure you get one w/ the effects card(the EX model)......Why do you need 3 mic's? I would reccomend that you get one good mic,because i can't envision you needing 3 mics simultaneously in any kind of hip hop recording(except live)I'm not really too sure about the extent of your venture.....hit me up and i'll tell you what i'd do

i have kazaa im going ta do that now.also i flow put me on a track or sumthin could help us both u never know.

feva blood here!

ayo ,ya set up is like mines a bit ya hardware anyway(no homo)but yo I just got my mrs4.and i got a amu mp7 and a psr225gm as my controller......another thing is.I NEED HELP REAL BAD!PLEASE.....:cry: :cry: :( THE AGONY.I got fire tracks.but now I wanna do vocals.so what i wanna know is how can I recorda chorus in one take.and paste it through the track on(after every 16 bars) the mrs4????
or can i trigger it or somthing.this thing gets me mad it distorts my sound the recording level is to low when it doesnt distort.im mad I bought this thing.
I only bought it B-CUZ i wanted to put some of my psr225gm sounds on one of my emu mp7 tracks and I was told I would need a mixer to do that!aawwwwwtooo mmmuuuccccchh:cry: :cry:

Back