Thread: Good startup studio (from scratch)?

Thanks

Question Good startup studio (from scratch)?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Sup, I'm rather new to the board it's great and full of valuable info. Anyway to the question I just recently got into the production tip late summer in a Mac based studio with a Yamaha module, midi controller, and a crap sequencer. But now i'm ready to start my own studio I was wondering if you could give me some help and reccomendations. I've hurd alot about Reason 2.0 and FL lately; i'm not really familar with these programs cuz i started out str8 onto a sequencer and keyboard, but they sound interesting. I'm gettin a PC based studio heres what I was thinkin about starting out with: Cubase (prolly SX), Triton Rack (best module i know of), Midiman USB controller, MOTU 828 audio interface, Shure mic, headphones (not sure what brand on these), thats all i can think of for now. I was just wondering why people were so biased to Cubase and why it is so much better than a program like Sonar 2.0, also what exactly can u do with Reason 2.0 and can u import REason projects into Cubase.. because i'm also recording vocals. I also need some good guitar sounds, and my production will be mainly based on hip hop. Well thanks for the help... please gimme some info. PEACE-1

Thanks
    Sounds like you know what you are doing. My advice, get some decent furniture for your setup. Omnirax, makes something called the Jr.Pro Station or something. It's about $650. That is kinda expensive but its worth it, you get about 6 or 7 rack spaces, good for your modules and interfaces. There is room for monitors, an 88 note keyboard, and a keyboard for your computer as well as room for your monitor. Although its expensive you'll feel great knowing how organized your studio is and you'll work with a clear head. Which leaves room to be creative. Oh, about Cubase, Sonar and Cubase are pretty equal. Both of these are great programs, get either one.

Thread Information