G note makes everything rumble

Marek Bereza

Godfather of Disco-Metal
You know that rattling sound the snare makes when you play a not on the guitar or what ever. It happens the loudest on a low G.
Also I got a piano, and when I play a G note with my guitar, it makes it resonate. Also when I try different sh!tty amps too, they always seem to make that funny honking noise on G.

I don't know what it is. I was wondering, just out of curiosity if anyone knew what it was.

I have one theory, but it sounds a bit weak. Mains interferance in the air would be at 50Hz, and also when amps humm, or just when electronic equipment through a speaker hums, its at 50Hz, because the power supply isn't good enough, and some a.c. leaks through.

Any ideas?

No its every room. Its really quite spooky. Try it. Play the third fret on the low E and watch everything shake.

It does depend on the room. I played a show once where Eb caused horrid feedback regardless... That was some fun wtih a 21 band eq to pull that out.

:D

I'm not sure why that happens.... But I DO knwo that one of the BEst sub bass roots you can have is G...... check it out... amke soem sub bass for a DnB track.. transpose it to G... and listen to the differeance! It does the same thing that yoru talkign about..(only it's supposed to be doing that)

maybe its the point where sonic vibration is at its peak frequency.

Objects rumble depending on the frequency of a sound or noise , in engineering situations i think they test machinery for vibration and design things so they dont vibrate so much, and one thing they probably try to avoid is that frequency you mentioned.

in some sense it probably is resonant frequency of the world :)

im not sure if this helps http://cheetah.imse.ksu.edu/~zpei/ultrasonic_machining/html/tutorialmaterial/effect3.htm

im looking for more articles.

fluxtah

Last edited:
It's actually the resonant frequency of air. Since the air is most excited (oooerr) at this point, it passes on this amplified vibration to the walls and objects in the room more than it does at other frequencies.

Case closed.

brown note - the supposed note on "South Park" that makes people crap their pants when they hear it.... or so i hear (hehehe)
-Egress

Back