Fruity Loops

G

Glynnroy

Hi guys................Nice to be here...

I am using fruity loops producer edition,came off from reason 2.5 as I could not get on with it.....Any way my question is this....

I create a template with quite a few effects in there, ranging from percussions to synths and toms ect......But I have placed in there, a simple kick.....I create a simple 4 step loop and enter it as `pattern one`.....I have gone into piano roll and entered beats for a loop of 16.....Now here`s my question......After about 4 loops of 16 I wan`t to add a couple more kicks on the beats of `patteren on`e on the 13th 14th 15th beat.....But if I enter this through the piano roll it changes everything in `patttern one` to what I have just done......Is is possible to change a time line in fruity just for one effect on the same pattern line without changing the whole pattern..

If you're trying to do what I think you are trying to do, you have to use the Play list. With the play list, you can punch in how many times to loop 1 pattern. The punch in how many times you want to loop a 2nd pattern. You can also play patterns simultaneously.

So you can play one pattern 4 times then play the modified pattern 2 times and then back to the first pattern.

Hi............

I cannot seem to be able to do that.....

Like a say....When a press `PATTERN ONE`I am using a `kick`beat...Right...

I first off go in to piano roll because if I use the normall template and put a kick in I only get 4 beats to the kick...So, I have to extend this in piano roll..yes...

Right I carry on this loop for...say...2 lots of 16 beats but on the 13th 14th 15th I want to add another kick.......If I go back in to piano roll and edit these beats....It automtically changes everything in the pattern line when I place it it.....I only want to edit one section but it is changing all the pattern..I only want one section changed...

you dont need to use piano roll.
in the top left corner should be something that looks like '--' or somethin. Change that to 4 or 8. The same way that you would change the tempo. by clicking and moving the mouse up. I still dont understand your qusetions exactly but That could fix whatever your gibberin on about

I will ty again..

Here `s my question....

I am trying to insert KICK `S into `pattern one`,just as a one off to the whole loop-

When a press `PATTERN ONE am using a "kick `beat ...

I first off go in to piano roll, because, if I use the normal template and put a kick`s in I only get 4 beats ... So, I have to extend this in piano roll..yes...

Right I carry on this loop for...say...2 lots of 16 beats highlighting them in the playlist, but on the 13th 14th 15th beat I want to add another kick.......If I go back in to piano roll and edit these beats....It automatically changes everything in the pattern line when I place it in.....I only want to edit one section of one loop, but it is changing all the `pattern one` and I only want one section changed...

To sum up I am trying to place KICK `S on the 13th 14th 15th beat of a loop in the playlist without having it there all the time...............I can obviously go to piano roll and insert kick"s where I want them all the way through the tune,but this is time consuming.....

Is there an easier way to edit without doing this.…

It sounds like your saying patter one as 16 clicks, but it does not have a kick at the 13th 14th and 15th click. And what you want to do is play this for 4 times then on the 5th time, inserts kicks at the 13th, 14th and 15th click, for like 2 runs of 16 clocks, then go back to the orignal pattern with no kick in the 13th, 14th and 15th spot.

If this is what your trying to do, then it sounds like to me you need to copy the orignal pattern to a new patter. then on the new patter inserts the additional kicks you want. Then in the play list put in the patterns in the order you want them in.

But if this is not what you're trying to do then I'm not helping much.

Yes that is correct...............I have been doing like there,whereby I have been using another pattern for the same sample.............But I just thought I could do it on the same pattern..............It sounds like I cannot.....

But Hey...........Thanks a lot....

no, you need to create another pattern with the changed kicks.. but you can copy/paste into the new pattern (so you don't have to re-create everything again ;))

Glynnroy said:
But I just thought I could do it on the same pattern..............It sounds like I cannot.....

But Hey...........Thanks a lot....

No you can't, but just like baggysound said, you can copy and paste patterns. So once you do that, add the extra kicks to the second pattern then punchin which patterns to play on the play list.

That's the reason for patterns, to switch the tune up.

Back