Free Production Studio

J

JUEROCK

I'm on a very low budget, and i only own a pc, can i build a studio off free sites.

hell no! sry to be blunt...but b4 u EVER consider any kind of recording make sure your money is right. if u just doing beats, u could run about 1,000 which includes, Reason 3, Midi Controller, Headphones, Monitors (Behringer Truths) E-Mu soundcard...and a lil xtra for refills and such. what i would start out with..now if u wanna do live stuff, and sampling...u'll need about 6,000 Mpc, DJ Mixer, Turntable, and LOADS OF RECORDS...

9th has a collection of records that we can only dream of..lol, not to mention vinyl drums..

My point is, if you need a low budget way to make beats then Fruity Loops would be your answer. You can always buy CD's to sample from and go online to buy some kind of sound disc off ebay. I got a boy who's a monster on fruity loops, sampling and all, he got me using it on my on my laptop when i'm away from tha studio so i can keep it in motion. Fruity Loops is a great starter kit for tha low budget route.

Last edited:
I also use Fruity Loops. I started using it a few months ago and believe me you can do some stuff with it. You just have to be CREATIVE!!!

I use my MPC, and MOTIFF for years. Fruity was just something extra i decided to check out and I'm glad I did. I also know some cats that be killing it on Fruity Loops. I agree with ANDINO It's a great starter.

i only use FL. although i own an mpc which i use for fun, i still use FL when i need to get a beat done for a client.

As the others have pointed out, while you will have to outlay at least a little cash to get going with music production, there is some free legal software available, which can at least reduce the amount a beginner may need to spend initially.

For example, a audio recording and editing program called Audacity can be used instead of expensive alternatives:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

yea fruity is a great start. you can learn all the basics from fruity and it is real capable. i havent invested a single dollar into production yet and i have came out with some tight beats.

you can check my most recent ones here. all fruity with the aid of audacity=)

www.myspace.com/combustableproductions

BEGINNER using perpellar head, better known as reasion 1

I FOUND my perpeller head 1 cd. I downloaded it but i can hear sound.

i also need someont to teach me how to use it

Man, if you want to make good music you must pay for it... and if you want to download it illegally... Just dont discuss it here.. but in the end... Your still gonna pay for some controllers on your software... (Unless you will steal it) LOL

all u need is like 1 gran n u straight....i was like you i only had a computer..i got FL then slowly i bought what i needed all i have is an...MPD 24(200$), M-audio keyboard(150) controller, some monitors(300), a stanton turntable(100) a decent soundcard(200)..n thats the basic set up very powerful if u use it right.i also got audacity to cut my samples,.n i use the FL Slicer to chop them.

People sleep on it but Fl Studio can be a very pwoerful and affordable tool to start of with, plus you are able to expand with so many vstis and other various plugins that can make your end product just as good or better than what the big boys use. i use FL7, with a reasonable large amout of vsts- sampletank, native instruments, and the like that i bought over a period of time when I was able to.

ALL U NEED IS UR LAPTOP.Download fruity loops and get a mpd and u good 2 go...me personally i would never pay 600 bucks when i can get it for free thats just me tho...and u ppl who say its wrong oh well,better me keeping that 600 bucks and buying 2 monitors then giving it to some rich dude....ive never d/l it cause i got hardware and got cubase when i bought my interface....but if u tight on money d/l and work on ur music kid...I worked 22 1/2 hrs straight to save up 4 my mpc,so if u wanna record music ur gonna have 2 save up money at a certain point..but dont waste it when u dont got to

Back