Forgive my nievity....But i need help:)

Kirk

Hi there all,

Well this is my first post and have i got some enquiries:).

My current situation: I have been using Dance Ejay 3 for about 6mnths. I have made 12 songs. At christmas i bought a Korg Electribe ES-1 which i need a memory card and some help with.
I recently got signed by an online A&R company in melbourne australia.....and they are looking at having me perform in June.

Ok Now the serious stuff!

Obviously Ejay is just not good enough anymore now that i am progressing into the realms of professionally producing.....I maybe able to get a grant for about $7000 aus BUT im poor so this will have to be spent wisely.

What are suggestions?...I dont mind going out of my league as i pick things up quick and its better than sitting down in 3mnths and needing to upgrade again. All i have computer wise is my mums rented computer with cd burner...so a sole perpse studio would be good.

IF $7000au isnt enough then you can go a little higher but PLEASE put estimated prices next to them so i can sort what to get...Im sure a sound card is first...then a program...and id like some kind of keyboard but im also wanting to do remixes aswell. OK well cheers:)

Money values approx: $1au = .54c american..... and .33 pounds.

Kirk.

It all depends on what you are planning on performing. What are your requirements? In one gig, a man might get away with a mother keyboard and a sampler whereas another man may need three synths and a computer.

Evaluate your needs and decide on purchases based on that.

For performance, it might be best to stay away from a computer, unless you are sure that it isn't going to crash! Samplers, drum machines, synths, hardware sequencers are all alot more stable.

Yup - crashing is not good! I've had it happen to me and it is quite embarrasing! Shouldn't be attempted without an uninterruptable power supply. I transfer most MIDI to my Yamaha RM1x now!

Ok well MOSTLY id just be making songs at home..so studio composing stuff.

But ofcourse with any entertainment arena you must be able to perform to an audience in some way....as far as i know people who do my type of music mainly just Dj...however id like to be able to do a bit more than play my song......Im not sure how its done and well i am unable to see anyone do it live so im kinda stuck:(

Ok well maybe that clears some stuff up...cheers..

My style is basically House/Trance/Teckno and all there varieties.

Kirk...you can check out my stuff so far at www.mp3.com/House_of_God

Back