Foam Tiles placing

airbag76

Hi

i recently purchased the following set of foam acoustic tiles.

24x Pro Coustix Sonarflex Professional Acoustic Treatment Studio Foam Tiles | eBay

I ve got a square room with mixing desk centered and stack on the wall (a pair of spirit absolute 2 monitors that according to reviews its ok to place close to the wall).
So using the mirror tip I placed a pack of six tiles on my left and right and a set of 3 above my head (the cloud).
My problem is that:
a. I cant see the point of placing another set behind my monitors and display cause as I said before there is no actual space between them and the wall
b. my back wall (another suggestion for placing a set of 6) is occupied by an 1.20m tall bookshelf full of cds, books, notes etc.

I surely can place 3 tiles right above the bookshelf (parallel to the floor) but is it gonna work? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

in my experience it is never ok to put your speakers against the wall unless you are looking for 1/4 - 1/2 wavelength 6db boost at low freqs - i.e. putting them on the wall is an invitation to response problems.

Do you have them set to provide an equilateral triangle (equal length sides) between you and each speaker???

actual floor map would help with dimensions as well as room height and speaker placement in the room - where your speakers are as well as these other factors help to identify where to put your first reflections diffusers

see this for more

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/content/55-sound-proofing-versus-sound-treatment.html

Hi

i recently purchased the following set of foam acoustic tiles.

24x Pro Coustix Sonarflex Professional Acoustic Treatment Studio Foam Tiles | eBay

I ve got a square room with mixing desk centered and stack on the wall (a pair of spirit absolute 2 monitors that according to reviews its ok to place close to the wall).
So using the mirror tip I placed a pack of six tiles on my left and right and a set of 3 above my head (the cloud).
My problem is that:
a. I cant see the point of placing another set behind my monitors and display cause as I said before there is no actual space between them and the wall
b. my back wall (another suggestion for placing a set of 6) is occupied by an 1.20m tall bookshelf full of cds, books, notes etc.

I surely can place 3 tiles right above the bookshelf (parallel to the floor) but is it gonna work? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Have you just got the square panels or some corner bass traps also? The ideal place to put these is in the early reflection points (to the left right and on the ceiling) but what problems are you experiencing in the room? Do you have any flutter echo, problems with bass etc. Have you done any testing?

Thanks for the nice sharing,i have never know about it.

Back