Event Tr6's or Alesis M1 Mk2's?

I

Isis

Last time I'll ask, but it's 2 days until I purchase either one. Yeah the
Alesis' may have a flatter frequency response ... so some say ... but if I'm pushin hip-hop and r&b tracks, shouldn't I go with the Events because the subwoofer is 6" vs. the Alesis' 5". I'm obviously going to audition them out at the store, but before I go there I would prefer advice from users of the product, not just a salesman. That's like going to a restaurant and the waitress says this dish is the best, yet she hasn't even tasted it .. she's only smelt it. By the way, I'm really feelin the new look of the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you looking at powered or passive speakers??????

I believe both of those models are available in both.

If youre doing passive, go Alesis. If youre doing powered, go event.

have fun! these are both excellent monitors.

I am going for active speakers ... and they are both active(powered)

cool. then i would recommend the events. they are biamped (actually the alesis's are too) and i have heard that the event amps are better than the alesis's for powered mons.

yes but which one has the flatter response? I'm working with mainly hip-hop and r&b music so the choice between the two can really make a big difference on the finished product.

I have the Alesis M1 MK2 Actives. My mixes come out pretty good on them. You just have to get the feel of the speakers. You should listen for yourself, though. Compare the Events and Alesis at the music store, and see which one is for you. Some people hate the Alesis, and some people love them.

It will be tough for someone to tell you what's better. Either set will require that you learn how the sound transfers to other systems. Producers with the best studios and best monitors still reference other monitors, speakers, stereos, car systems... Only you'll know which you prefer. Be sure to take CDs with you that you know well. See how the bass, mids, and treble come across.

With that said, the Alesis work for me. When testing, the Alesis did appear flatter than the Events. Both handled bass about the same. I record hip hop and r&b.

Try to shop somewhere that has a 30 money back guaranty. The true test will be when you listen at home.

Yeah for hip-hop you do need a bigger size monitor like at least 6" but 8" will give you a lot more low end then a 5" speaker. You should also check out the behringer b2031 truths there real cheap right now. I just got me a pair yesterday and im pretty pleased so far. They sound really crisp and full. Ive worked in a studio that uses makie hr's and i can say the behringers are not far off when comparing sound quality especially for the price. I havent mixed anything down to cd yet tho so i dont know hw accurate they are but ill post the results as soon as i burn something.

Back