Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Monitor Help PLZ!

Thanks

Dual Monitor Help PLZ!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey,

Whats going on people. Ive recently decided that i would like to have two monitors as part of my set up. Ive decided that reason would be a lot easier to move about this way, plus for a few other things..

Basically i dont know how to set this up. Ive been told that if my graphics card looks like this
    http://www.dansdata.com/images/xabre/conns500.jpg
    with one blue and one white then i can run two monitors. My graphics card looks exactly like that, and the one monitor i've got at the moment runs through the blue one.

So do i have to buy a specific type of monitor to plug into the white input or do i have to buy a specific adapter that i plug in.

Any help would b appreciated..Cheers people

Thanks
    thats just a normal vid card, i dont think its gonna run dual, your gonna have to buy either a vid card with dual output, or go buy a pci vid card and plug it in, then you can run dual, and after setting it up, you need to go to control panel and select what kinda dual screen your going to run

Thanks
    this is confusing. after googling it the only thing i felt pretty certain about was that a graphics card like that can support it.

Thanks
    i mean that is a normal vid card my man, it has dvi, s vid, and a normal pin connection vid output, so i dont think it will work, but i guess its worth a try, you can get a pci vid card for pretty cheap

Thanks
    i have the same situation and it works

buy a specific adapter that you plug in to the white plug and then connect your blue monitor cable to the adapter and it will work

Thanks
    Yeah thats a standard video card that gives you the option to run either a standard VGA(analog) output or a DVI(digital) output.....

I just set up a dual monitor output in my lab and what you need is a video card that supports Dual Monitor Output. Check out visiontek dot com.
    I got my card from Best Buy for about 50 dollars and it works real good.I use it with Pro Tools.I have my Edit in one monitor and the Mix in another.

Thanks
    thats what i tried to tell him, refresh said theirs an adaptor that will makeit work? news to me, but for real, you either need a 2nd one or one single vid card that supports dual monitoring, your vid card is nothing special, you just have 3 vid output options, and if you had more then one monitor connected, one of the connections would be proprietary and take over and be your only vid output

Thanks
    yo thanks for your help people...i figured it out, and i just bought the adapter to plug into the DVI port so it makes it have 2 VGA's..bought a monitor an hr ago and im rolling now...

thanks again

Thanks
    nice! i might have to check into that adaptor. Where did yabuy it at? how much? and whats it called?

Thanks
    i live in uk..bought it from a shop called maplins, but i fink amazon sell it aswell..

Its just a DV/I to VGA converter i think...if you have a graphics card like the one i showed above then it basically fits into the WHITE port and allows you to plug the same into it as you would in the BLUE port.

Thread Information