drum loops and samples

imahitdat

I've been trying to figure out just what exactly to do when working with drum loop samples. I've been using Dr.Rex in reason adapted and the patches they have there sound good, what am I cutting up? It's been very easy for me to make my own beats then freak em how I want to...dat works for me and thats great. But I really wanna learn how exactly how to work with these samples. Trial and error is the best learnin tool I know....but damn its frustrating. Anyone know a site I can hit up? The help html aint cuttin it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Get Recycle 2.0 to slice the loops up and use the individual elements of them. Then you can open up the individual kick or snare in a nn-19, nn-xt,redrum and really kill it. pz

thx for the info. But instead of ordering recycle is there a way I can do that now. I mean as of now shouldnt I be able to do somethin to that effect in reason adapted now?

imahitdat said:
thx for the info. But instead of ordering recycle is there a way I can do that now. I mean as of now shouldnt I be able to do somethin to that effect in reason adapted now?

No way to create .rex (or .rx2) files without ReCycle, really. There's a couple of other programs that do them (I think Phatmatik Pro is one), but none of them are free.

Back