Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking in the Studio. Do You?

Thanks

Drinking in the Studio. Do You?

Sign in to disable this ad
    After Reading the 'Smoking in the Studio' Thread. One has to ask, "Is Drinking in the Studio Hazardous?".

This I am Extremely Guilty of. I don't smoke in the Studio, cuz I'm a NonSmoker, but I am Mad Drinker.

Drinking in the Studio can of course lead to Many Hazardous, and UnWanted Scenarios.

1. Spilling Yo Drank on the Mixer, or Any Other Expensive Piece of Gear. Damn...

2. Unwanted Disputes, which of Course can turn into OutRight Bar Bashing FreeForAlls. Which in turn, Ruins More Expensive Gear.

3. Urinating on Expensive Gear by Intoxicated Artists. This is Naturally more Relevant in the Thrash Metal, and Other Paralell Music Genres. (where this can often be Considered a Compliment) (but has been heard of in the Christian Rap Circle)

4. Even Worse is the Yet is the trying to Pick, Wash, or Clean the Chunks of Vomit from Your Mixer, and or 'Other Expensive Piece of Equipment'. This of Course is Followed up with. "First You Fight in My Studio, then Pi$$ in My Studio, now you Puke in My Studio...so, I'll See You Next Weekend for Another Session!?"
    "Alright Cool!"

ok..well maybe not. But as you can see, Drinking in the Studio can be just as Dangerous, if not even more Dangerous then Smoking in the Studio. Whether or not that Mystical, Magical, Yellow Substance is Real or Not...I don't know, I have never Smoked, or had Smokers in My Studio, and have not seen the "Results" of it...

Drinkers, NonDrinkers, Stand Up and Let us Know!

With that said, and Done...I'm gonna grab myself Another Beer!

Thanks
    when it comes to my studio and my gear I'm a total nazi :

no smoking
    no drinking
    no drugs
    no fun
    no nothing
    no no no !

but seriously if you are in my studio you are here to work, if you want a drink go to the pub / bar / wherever....
    I don't know, I used to be really tolerant and tried to be cool about it but I lived to regret it, I had a terrible experience with a booze/coke addicted singer and his band, (and for the record I don't drink / smoke / do drugs) after that if you get caught doing anything in my space you'll be taken out and shot in the back of the head
    real men use real hardware

Thanks
    WoW...Strict.

I think its a Safe Bet to say that 80 Percent of all Studios allow at least Drinking, and Probably Smoking. Just due to the fact that most Artists are Drinkers/Smokers, and Usually Into Drugs.

I can't follow the No Drinking Rule.

Thanks
    id allow 2 drinks at the most...but any amount of herb
    Sleep is for the blessed!

Thanks
    yeah, thats a differen't story. where theres Herb, theres Munchies, and where theres Munchies theres Crumbs, in your mixer, and or other Expensive" Piece of Equipment.

Thanks
    no smoking in my studio
    no drinking (except me )
    no s e x (dangerous for the gear around)

Thanks
    Yeah, Sex can also be Dangerous for the People as Well. You Never Know what Kind of Mics can be Laying Around! Ouch!

Thanks
    LOL

Thanks
    i don't have a studio, only my computer and music setup, but so far i've had beer/liquor spilt on my computer keyboard, synth, turntables, floor, etc. adds to the charm

Thanks
    well the thing is i find when theres herb most the time my friend and i cant do anything right so we just sit back and relax
    Sleep is for the blessed!

Thread Information