Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drinking in the Studio. Do You?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    hey that last awsner is just the way it goes in my studio,
    The couch is where nothing of value is at (except the couch it selve) There are only a few places to put your drink for every person 1 drink!

There's one big exception to the rule and that would be me !
    I can drink everywhere i want and what i want ! Smoking is not alowed in the studio since i am a non-smoker. Herbs are not alowed being smoked in the studio , but hell it's alowed in the garden, that's not illigal here in Holland

I have once mixed a track while being pretty drunk and i must say i really laughed the brains out while listening to the recordings the next day ! i had to do it all over again, thank god i backupped before the session so i don't drink alcohol while making music, i do drink coffee all day long because without it i would never cope with the long days in the studio!
    Ow and sex is alowed , only for me, but not on the aqiupement!
    Last edited by Mstudio1; 01-07-2003 at 12:55 PM.
    R.Leeuwangh @ Mstudio1

Thanks
    i do drink coffee all day long
    Yeah, Coffee is Good!

Thanks
    Wow, why not just ban all musicians and be done with it? Find me a musician worth recording who doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs...I suspect that you may be S Club Juniors producer!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    I heard the Christian Rap/Rock Artists even smoke out in their Studio...especially those Christian Reggae Rappers.

To the cats with the studios where you can Drink on the Couch, but NoWhere Else.

I just don't see this working! When you drink you wanna socialize, be active, do stuff, and generally not be bored. I don't see a bunch of drunk guys (yes, Gals too) sitting around, getting Drunk, and staying put like well trained mutts on the couch.

And of course, if you are drinking too, you'll be loosened up, and will deal with it. Probably won't even noticed it.

JM2Cs

Thanks
    I think the couch rule is a good compromise. (I also used to adhere to the "engineer exception" -- I could drink anywhere. And at least once I spilled a big glass of fruit juice in front of a client. I just turned to her and said "See, that's why I don't allow you to drink in here."

I've seen studios that actually painted a line about 5 feet around the console area and made that the no drink, no food zone.

Smoking is more insidious. Smoke tends to stick to everything -- especially that gold-sputtered mylar diaphragm in your precious new condensor mic or inside the fine german/japanese/british engineering in your analog tape machines. And anyone who's ever cleaned a "bong" knows that it ain't just cigarette smoke that's sticky.

Thanks
    I allow drinking and smoking and whatever else in my studio. Generally the people I allow in my studio are trusted enough that they won't do silly things like put a can of beer on top of a synth. When I'm DJ'ing I have to have an ashtray right by the decks. It's the law in my studio.

Recently tho I got very pissed off with my housemate....She came in the studio to talk to me about something while smoking a cigarette. She had to do something with both hands and for reasons best known to herself, balanced a LIT cigarette on the edge of the one of the keys on the Roland JP8000. I went absolutely bloody mental. Not only was the risk of 'key melt' imminent, but also ash in the contacts etc etc. She couldn't understand why I nearly had a nervous breakdown!!!! Silly moo.
    Whyyyyy why mm big monkeeee pie. Donkeee go pieee-yieeeee.

Thanks
    Lots of weed in the studio makes it a cozy home environment. The MPC and big bag o weed are like king and queen, throne to throne up in the spot. The muse is then summoned forth to jester the court and spark creation. And to who ever mentioned Holland, yes we all dream of Amsterdam. May the force be with you.

Thanks
    for reasons best known to herself, balanced a LIT cigarette on the edge of the one of the keys on the Roland JP8000

...and there's nothing worse than ash all over your organ!!

SPECTRAL DISCO PIMP

Thread Information