Do these things still exist??

futuredood

Hey,

I'm looking for this product that used to sit under my monitor that served as a power switch tool. It had like 6 switches, each powering on and off a different part of my computer. Like, I could turn on my speakers, monitor, and computer with the flip of a few switches.

Do they still make these things? What do you call them? Are there any cool ones just for music products?

I want to power my Alesis M1's, Computer, Monitor, and mic pre-amp without the hsasle of jumping around everywheere.

You can have them made up real cheap and they are called switcher boxes or breakout boxes. Otherwise I believe studiospares used to have them, but can't be sure.
Get one made, piss easy and cheaper than the glorified versions out there.

I could use one of those things too.
One of my components doesn’t have a power switch at all so I have to crawl under my desk and plug it in when I want it on.

it's still available they are like 30 buck too. it called the ADJ PC100a.

you can find them at www.musiciansfriend.com

just punch in pc100a in the search engine.
www.pssl.com should have them too.
801020.jpg

I have one I use right now- main, computer, monitor, printer, aux1, aux2. Aux 1 and 2 go to my speakers, and printer powers up the ol' mixer. It's called the Belkin PowerMasterII, Model # F5C130.

Cool, thanks for the help. I went over to the local Fry's, and found out they're called "Power Centers". Cost 19.99 for a cheesy looking one, and 24.99 for the less-cheesy one. That black one above looked pretty cool.

Back