Dj/producer what do i need?

D

DjFixation

Hi, whats up guys, i'm rather new here and im pretty young as well -- 19-- i consider that young. I'm hoping to be a dj/producer some day, and make the illest beats like neptunes, dr.dre, but i don't have that kind of cash flow yet. What do i need to buy when i do have the funds to buy equipment, what would be the best things to buy to get me started? i basically want to know everything about dj/producing...but really i cant find anything, and i am looking hard but probably not hard enough..

thanks for your help guys.:sing:

ur not young, ur like my grandpa, (im 15),..and eh,..u want to be a dj/producer,...eh for the djing u need 2 turntables,...and for the beatproduction,...,.....well,...lots of things u can buy allright.
U should check gear sites and such

Does anyone have some pics on how it should look, right now my budget limit is about 1200 canadian. I'm going through alot of massive confusion--but looking through these forums are very helpful.

Hi

check out www.sonicstate.com for gear concrning synths samplers etc...i think it's by far the most complete site concerning infos on gear..once you are starting now,.i wish everything goes fine about your career in the music industry...

1) for DJing you'll need 2 sound sources. It could be either 2 turntables (Technics 1200/1210 preferably) or 2 CD players (Pioneer CDJ-100 is a good idea),a decent mixer and good headphones (Sony MDR-V700, Sehnheiser 25, or similar). Check the other forums in this website for different opions and ideas. Don't forget, however, that you'll need to save some cash to buy records... they ain't cheap...

2) for production, since you're new to this, maybe you should start by getting a fast PC with midi interface, and a good sound card. You also need a software for music production. Propellerhead's Reason is a good software for that purpose. Of course, this is only the beginning, and a good home studio installation can be very expensive....

good luck!!!

Im also 19 but Ive been in numerous studios since I was 11 and since Ive been working since I was 14 , when most kids my age came home with a new pair of shoes and some games Id come home with a sampler or somthing.

I started off with a drummachine, Your best bet by far. with the money you have I say get a emu mp-7 U.S$1200 but I think they are going for about 600 U.S
Ive been rapping for about 8yrs now and have my own studio with a modest ,[paying] clientele, using the following,
Mackie 1402vlz pro [x2] Art dual levelars,
Alesis ADAT Xt20[x2] , Alesis MIdiverb2 and 3, Lexicon Jam man and Vortex, Mackie Hr828s, Alesis moniter one mk2s, Alesis RA -150, Shure Ksm 32, Sm 58, Marshall electronics MXL 2001,
AKG drumpack, A 900Mhz PC with Cubase VST 5.1 with 2 hard drives and a ADAT edit card, This is Just for recording, not much by some standards.

My instruments.
Korg Triton classic 61 no expansions,
Korg Triton Le 61 no sampling,
Roland Jv 20-80, 10-10 fully expanded
Korg Electribe EA-1 , Alesis Sr-16, NanoSynth.
Ensoniq ESQ-1 Analog digital hybrid
Randall Warhead full stack, BC rich neck thru Warlock
American Hot rodded strat.
The point I had Is that If you get a job and work for what you want youll get it no problem . Believe It or not I went from Just that drum machine 3 yrs ago to getting paid, and aside from having logged a lot of studio time, no one helped me at all ,I didnt even have the internet at the time. GOOD LUCK

Back