DIY Home Studio Acoustics Tutorial

Samplecraze - I was wondering where you ordered your foam from? I'm based in the UK as well and building work on my studio will start in about a months time. I wanna get everything in order ready for the builders to put into place.

I've been trying to find some foam local to where i live but i haven't had much luck.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi Kang

The foam I used came from RPG.

Speak to a guy called Matt Moule and tell hime I recommended them to you.

Last edited:
Coolio. Cheers mate. Whats your name by the way... i'm sure you didnt order the foam using your alias.. lol

Last edited:
Cheers mate. I've been browsing the website and i think the "studio in a box" will do me just fine but i'll ring him 2 find out what would be best for my needs. I'll prob have to e-mail him my room layout and let him 2 the calculations... lol

I hope it doesn't cost me an arm & a leg :s

RPG is not cheap but they do have an excellent product range.

There is also Auralex, Realtraps, GIK (US based I believe) etc.. but I like RPG stuff.

Oh seen, well i think my budget is about £1000-£1500 for all the acoustic treatment. I hope this is enough... what do you think? :s

EDIT - DOH!!! I've just read what you wrote at the top of your first tutorial... You did yours for about a grand. So my budget SHOULD in theory be ok for the stuff i need... i hope :s

Last edited:
You should be fine with that budget.

But get all the details, room sizes, shape etc.. so Matt can work out the best package for you.

BTW, in your studio build, don't forget about the absorption....

Yeah, i'm waiting for the designers to come back to me with the deisgns for my studio. At the mo i've got the outline sizes but haven't got the dimensions for the vocal booth etc. I had initially designed it myself but when i emailed it to the designer he said he'd rework it better in order to reduce standing waves.

Yeah... i think the majority of the absorption will take place at the back, sides & ceiling of my studio. I gotta get it right tho, dont want to much absorption otherwise i'll get an unatural sound :s

I'm gonna ask the guys at RPG to work everything out for me if not then i'm gonna ask the guy who's designing my studio to have a go.

I'm gettin' the studio designed from a home cinema company that is doing our. Studio's aren't their thing but they said they know a person who can do the designs. I'll have to contact them and find out if he can come up with plans for acoustic treatment etc.

I got intouch with Matt and hes going to get back to me with prices. He said he ran my studio dimensions through his software and i might have bass issues :( He said it could be expensive to resolve! I hope it doesn't go over budget :(

Oh well, we shall see how things pan out tomorrow when he gets back to me with prices. Fingers crossed hey.

Last edited:
thanks for the insight. very intresting tutorial.

also, i didnt realise samplecraze was based in Bucks.. small world.

Back