dimensions?

G

gwiz31

im about to lease some property to put my studio in and will build additional walls, i was wondering if anyone knew some good demensions to build it, keep in mind i have plenty of auralex already

First, throw out most of the Auralex.

Second - Actually make it first, so you know why you're throwing out most of the Auralex - Start reading books by F. Alton Everest. The "Master Handbook of Acoustics" is a must, and there's a book with a title similar to "Building a Recording Studio on a Budget" or something very similar.

Both should be read and generally understood before driving the first nail.

More accurately, both should be read and generally understood before even working out of a bedroom...

"Building a Recording Studio on a Budget" nice book but not much in-depth

my favorite is "Recording Studio Design" very good book on studio design
Also check "Home recording Studio" by Rod Gervais, quite suitable for home studio and DIY treatment

yes there are some dimensions, actually not dimensions, but ratios between them that are more favourable.... a recent study has been made in the Salford Univ. on this matter, check this page...

http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_world/room_sizer/room_sizing3.htm

Anyway do keep in mind that no matter what dimensions you choose you always need room treatment.

Go for the advise above, first you plan then you execute. Always perform measurements.

Back