Digital mixers for less than $1000?

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
I am selling my A16 Ultra AD/DA converter to get a digital mixer instead - basically they are the same thing but I need something "standalone" as I like playing music without booting the computer, and want to put my hands on some faders as well. I can manually route signals to my Pulsar 2 card via ADAT when I want to track them to Cubase, etc.

I see several Yamaha 01V on ebay for $600 or so, as well as a few Tascam DM-24 for around $1000. Both are pretty well respected models. The Tascam is 24/96 and has 100mm faders - the 01V is 44.1 and 60mm faders... Both have an ADAT port (8 I/O) which I need

What do you think - any model you'd recommend?

both are very good and at these prices you get very good value for features.

another good one is the O2R but could be slightly over your budget, not certain though.

nukles said:
both are very good and at these prices you get very good value for features.

another good one is the O2R but could be slightly over your budget, not certain though.

the o2r is waaaaaaay over budget. it's a great product mind you but it's mostly used as a main mixing board at project studios. i dont have any suggestions myself but i'll look into it.

I got my Yamaha 03D including the ADAT expansion for a little over 900 Euro, was a good deal, mind you, but you should be able to get one for 1000 easily these days. Except for the small faders I really love the 03D, way better than the 01V imo.

!16!

HI Mano

Thompsy Here:D

I am still after the A16, do you have any idea how much you will be looking (i.e $) for the A16. In your last e-mail you wrote that you were unsure how much tax/VAT I would pay or the item coming into the UK/Ireland.

Is there anyway you could get a complete price for the A16 in UK pounds, and what do I need to convert this to the UK's power(electricity) supply?

Cheers Mate

Thompsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there THomsy :)

well there are a couple of other people who are also interested and one of them can pick the unit up (no shipping or customs nightmare)...

I'll let you know if it doesnt work out though.

No Problem Mate:D

Thompsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back