Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital mixers WITH eq knobs on each channel?

Thanks

digital mixers WITH eq knobs on each channel?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Is it just me wondering?

I used to havea mackie 1604 VLZ PRO, and I LOVED the fact htat I could just tweak all the EQs directly without having to "Select" or jump to a particular track

I am about to purchase a digital mixer (not expensive, around $1000) but I am realizing that none of them have the EQs knobs above the levels ...

I'd go with a Mackie again, I woudlnt mind, but it sucks to give up automation/motorized faders and also... ADAT I/Os is something I absolutely need, as I want ot mix sources from my Pulsar 2 card back and forth (Effects, etc)

I have my eyes on a Yam 01V or Tascam DM-24 (a bit more expensive though) - but none of them have those EQs per channel hands-on

What do you think?

Please give me your inptu and point of view on this.

thanks

-mano
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thanks
    I don't know anything about the models you mentioned but I used to work with a Soundcraft mixing board when I used to set up bands and I loved the eq knobs on each channel. Nothing beats using those knobs. I'll always prefer old school type equipment eventhough the modern stuff is so versatile.

Thanks
    the problem is that if I go with a Mackie or Soundcraft analog board, I would have to keep my current AD/DA converter to be able to route/mix signals from inside my DAW - but I sold it - compared to digital mixers which would integrate with my DAW no problem via a few ADAT cables, as it converts as well

tough choices!

More input is appreciated

Thanks
    I know its above your budget, but the mackie D8B can be had on ebay now for 3,4k... excellent board.

Thanks
    Behringers digital mixer isn't shabby at all.

Thanks
    Originally posted by hokus208
    I know its above your budget, but the mackie D8B can be had on ebay now for 3,4k... excellent board.
    If I happen to have this budget at some poitn, it is definitely the digital mixer I'd aim for - as I said in my initial post I used to have a 1604 analog and really liked it - in fact my mixes were better considering the little I knew about mixing (ie without trying hard the result was good).

Thanks
    i was learning how to do live mixes on a mackie cfx-20 board and i loved it. you just brought back memories with the mention of the vlz because i almost got one but went for the cfx instead. i had it for two months then a burglar came and permanently borrowed it. this thread will help me along on my new search to replace it.

Last edited by j-traxx; 01-08-2004 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks
    I am almost considering an analog mixer again BUT I wouldnt be able to mix my ADAT sources (IE all the internal ones in my PC) ... unless I keep my converter - I cna't keep both though.

Thanks
    yeah look at all those EQs RIGHT on the face... thats what Im talking about... digital mixers dont have this "direct" approach to thinsg unfortunately

I would give up "4 bands" for 1 parametric + 3 "fixed" bands of EQ anytime (thats what the VLZ had)

Thanks
    If you want control over the EQ's then why not get a digital mixer and an additional midi controller for the EQ's? $1000 isnt much of a budget for a digital.

Thread Information