xtraclip.com

Digi 002 Rack — FireWire-based Pro Tools LE Studio-in-a-box
$1,295 USD.
Digi002R_black.jpg

or

Digi 002 — FireWire-based Pro Tools LE music production system
$2,500 USD.

002gray3.jpg

Is the controller worth $1,200 (price difference)

Even though Ebay has the controler for about $1,300.

And do they really have the same abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know where I can get the Digidesign 002 Controler for $1300US (1700 or so CAN) in Canada.

Dont wanna pay customs taxes.

Thankx

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on if you like to mouse around or would rather a tactile surface to use with PT. Both have the same features except for the obvious. For me, not having to use the mouse to control Plug-ins, edits and faders was worth the extra corn....

same thing I was thinking. Are the Preamps on the controler any good???

same harware one doesnt have the controller. i got the rack and i am gettin the mackie control controller
http://www.mackie.com/products/mackiecontrol/index.html
i used the 002 with a controller and i wasnt feelin it. you can get the mackie on ebay for 800 or less(1000 new). id say 1800 instead of 2100 and you get a setup i prefer. its all on your prefernces, try using the 002 controller. oh the mackie control is expandable with additional 8 fader extenders. peep the link above. cant expand 002 controller

I think I would cop the digi 002 over the digi 002 rack! Do u think I will regret it? Or should I cop Cubase sx and the Mackie Controller? Yes I produce Hip-Hop/R&B and I LOVE hardware wit the hands on feel but dunno which to cop!:confused:

i would suggest the rack with the mackie controller, it will be around the same price and the mackie is expandable, which will benefit u in the future, and if u ever find urself using different software on a different workstation u can still use ur mixer even without protools, and oh ya, mackie just looks a whole lot cooler!!

QMinati said:
i would suggest the rack with the mackie controller, it will be around the same price and the mackie is expandable, which will benefit u in the future, and if u ever find urself using different software on a different workstation u can still use ur mixer even without protools, and oh ya, mackie just looks a whole lot cooler!!
co-sign.

I have the PT/Mackie combo and its a cool setup. The mackie is a solid control surface and the fact that it works with most of the majors is cool so I don't have any complaints, but you should know that there are a few functions that the mackie doesn't support in PT like the mackie doesn't recognize a master fader in PT. If you were ONLY using pt I'd go with the regular 002(don't forget it can be a stand alone mixer too) if you want a little versatility interms having a control surfact with other programs the rack/mackie is solid.

Back