Cubase SX 2 Vocal Panning Problem...

D

Doc Ric

Alright, I record a track a couple days ago and everything wuz just fine...but the next day...we tried recording again, and the vocals only came out of one channel (which is the left pan)...I went the M-Audio control panel for my audiophile 2496 and i even checked to see if everything was connected right, still no answer. Now I think it's in the program though, because when we go to another program we had for recording, everything is good (both left AND right channels go up)...so I went to Devices--Device Setup in the SX window, and it seems i could solve my problem there, but whatever else i try comes with more latency and the one i have works perfectly EXCEPT for the one channel signal im getting. So if you know what to do for this, I would greatly appreciate it. Got a lot of songs to record and this is a big obstacle for me...Thanks

Doc.

still doesnt work...when we pan one track to the RIGHT and another to the LEFT, the one to the RIGHT will play fine, while the one to the LEFT won't have ANY sound whatsoever (unless you pan it back to the right).

Doc.

Doc Ric said:
still doesnt work...when we pan one track to the RIGHT and another to the LEFT, the one to the RIGHT will play fine, while the one to the LEFT won't have ANY sound whatsoever (unless you pan it back to the right).

Doc.

Sounds like you have two left outputs set in Cubase. Or you are merging left and right channels to one cable and using a mono cable which is only carrying the right channel.

What exactly is your signal chain like?

Check the assigned outputs in Cubase. You could have you right phyiscal output as your left and right channel in your software program.

Check panning with a different audio file other than the one you have recorded with. One that contains left and right channel data.

If you are in fact recording to a mono track and have the track on a mono track then it can only be your ouput settings or your physical connections.

Signal Chain:

Mic--Mixer-Soundcard--cubase

mixer is connected to soundcard by Red/White cables (A/V may be the name)

But now when I try to export my songs (still with only the left channel), it says 'The Left and Right locators must be set.' So if I could just find out how to do that, I might be set...
In a minute-

Doc.

Back