Cubase Question

imahitdat

I've only been recording audio and midi in Cubase and its been hassel free. Then I tried using some plug ins I jus bought and I'll be damned if I cant get em to work. Now the VSTs that come with cubase aint a problem, which is the a1 synth and the vb bass, but loading new vsts have been a problem. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and yes I did go to devices and update my list to include the plug ins and vst still nothin.

Are you installing them into the Stenberg vst plugins folder? What plugins are there that you are trying to use?

No i didnt actually.I'll check for the folder. I'm still new at the pc thing learnin as i go. I try not to ask a question here unless I've tried a couple times myself. The plugin is native instruments battery vst drum sampler.

I never installed my plugin into the steinberg folder and my Cubase SE located all of my VSTs with no problems at all. It somehow located every single plugin in my PC. Cuz I had a few different packages with different software. imahitdat, you live in Naples Italy huh. I am coming over to Pescara then Rome on Oct 7 - 11. I might go to Naples though if I feel a little froggish. HAHA, back to the thread.

Often plugins are installed to their own directory and a copy of the vst .dll file is placed in c:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins

Cubase also checks there as far as I know.

Yo, I got the same damn problem. I work on a Mac G5 and the only plug-in i installed succesfully was the lm-4 mkII, and i couldnt even install it in my VST folder. I've tried to install a few different vst's. When i install the plug-ins the program doesnt start up because the dongle rejects them. I had the same problem with the lm-4, but atleast i could start the program when it wasnt in the VST folder. Any solutions???

The plug-in file has the extension .DLL

you only have to move that to the VST plug-in folder.

Within the Vstplugins folder should be another group of subfolders drums, distortion, delay, dynamics etc.

You can add the .DLL file to an appropriate folder.

e.g. you wouldnt put the a1 into the reverb folder.

Hope this helps.

Back