crackling sound

SmoothKuik

hey, i have a little problem with this random crackling sound sometimes that comes from my monitors, but it is always from the right monitor, but ive switched them around and it still comes from the right even when the computer is idle.
my setup is BX5 monitors, E-mu 1212M, Behringer 1202 mixer. thanks
PS i havent noticed this problem til about 2 months ago or so, now its annoying hehe

Last edited:
nope got em second hand, and what do u mean by that CubaseRox? thanks
and btw if u mean what cable from the mixer to the monitor, im using some Hosa ones i guess they're not good, what do u suggest?

Last edited:
Ewwwww that might not be good. I would check all the possible causes before concluding its the monitor. I doubt it because you switched speakers and it did the same thing to the switched speaker.

So I am thinking its in the wiring, or it could be the song your playing probably has some distortion in it.

Unless your getting this crackling without any thing playing. Check the wires/cables.

good luck

ive messed with the wires and switched them with ones connected to my soundcard and it still does the same thing. can it be my mixer? strange that it does it when no sound is playing from my comp

Back