cool edit quick everyone look!!!!!

narstiebizzle

i hav cool edit!!!
and i wanted too record sumthink off a streaming online radio station!! and ive done it b4 amillion times!!

it recorded and it picked up tha sound but then when i played it agen it was really fuzzzy and bad quality!! normally when i do it its exactly how i hear it when its streaming but it doesnt work now!! how can i fix tha quality and make it back too normal!!

I like cool edit but when im recording internal computer sounds i like to use goldwave. The trail version is not crippled at all it only bugs you to register alot. Might wanna try that.
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82916&perpage=8&pagenumber=1
Read this thread Sleepy explains how to make sure your setup to record internal sounds properlly. What kinda soundcard do you have?
I hope this helps if not other guys on here will help you out alot better than i can.
peace

BThrowd said:
I like cool edit but when im recording internal computer sounds i like to use goldwave. The trail version is not crippled at all it only bugs you to register alot. Might wanna try that.
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82916&perpage=8&pagenumber=1
Read this thread Sleepy explains how to make sure your setup to record internal sounds properlly. What kinda soundcard do you have?
I hope this helps if not other guys on here will help you out alot better than i can.
peace

Audacity can do 99% of what gold wave can, and it doesn't even bother you to register. It is Free. That's what I use for these situations.

My only advice to the original poster is to make sure your levels are high enough when you record. You don't want them too high, or you'll clip (and it will sound staticy). You don't want them too low, or if you boost it at all later you'll hear a lot of hiss. I do this when I'm sampling the various political speeches and news stories for my music. Sometimes it takes me a few shots to get the levels right.

Also, beware of compression artifacts is you recompress the audio later...

Total Recorder works very well for recording internet-streams.

I used to use it to time-shift radio shows like Phil Hendrie.

Last edited by a moderator:
narstiebizzle said:
i hav cool edit!!!
and i wanted too record sumthink off a streaming online radio station!! and ive done it b4 amillion times!!

it recorded and it picked up tha sound but then when i played it agen it was really fuzzzy and bad quality!! normally when i do it its exactly how i hear it when its streaming but it doesnt work now!! how can i fix tha quality and make it back too normal!!

If U cun spull rite in tha fust plays, pleez du sew. Itz un evun bigur pane in duh azz 4 the rezt of uz to reed ur poztz then it iz 4 u 2 thenk op stoopud waze to spull wurdz U alreddy no how 2 spull kurrektly.

If you know what I mean.

Last edited:
theblue1 said:

If U cun spull rite in tha fust plays, pleez du sew. Itz un evun bigur pane in duh azz 4 the rezt of uz to reed ur poztz then it iz 4 u 2 thenk op stoopud waze to spull wurdz U alreddy no how 2 spull kurrektly.

If you know what I mean.
Come on the guy misspelled 2 words who gives a shyt? If you have difficulty reading that it sounds like a personal problem to me.

Guys no fighting on FP,

My question is:

Isnt it illegal to record streams off the internet?

Isn't swiping the stream stealing?

Come to think of it was it illegal to record off the radio?

If it is illegal why werent the recorder manufactures told to make all cassette radios unable to record off the radio.

Think about it! If you dont buy a copy of the song then its an un-authorized copy.

Hmmmmmmm!

BThrowd said:

Come on the guy misspelled 2 words who gives a shyt? If you have difficulty reading that it sounds like a personal problem to me.

Well, if you only counted 2 misspelled words, maybe you need a trip back to bonehead English, big time. (And then there's punctuation...)

But -- yeah -- there are certainly worse spelling and punctuation offenders here, to be sure. So, in that sense, I probably shouldn't be picking on this guy.

But I had to read his post 3 or 4 times to have half a clue what he was trying to ask.

This is not about people who never learned to read or write well. I have enormous sympathy for them, and if I thought that was the case, here, I wouldn't have said anything.

This is about suburban wannabes who think they have to misspell every word they can imagine how to misspell, leave out punctuation, etc, in order to feign something they will (at this rate) never, ever have: street cred.

And you know why?

Because real world credibility comes out of being genuinely who you are and not pretending to be someone or something else.

It's not completely unlike white folks putting on black face to sing minstrel songs 80 years ago. They probably thought they were doing it to show solidarity with black people. But it was more often seen by blacks, we know now, as insulting and demeaning when whites acted buffoonishly, speaking in stilted, fake, 'backwoods' dialect.

And, insulting, boorish behavior by whites notwithstanding, there's also the issue of coming to a forum like this to ask questions and hopefully receive help from those with greater knowledge -- but not even bothering to put the request for help in a form that makes clear what the problem is.

But, you know, maybe I'm just getting sick of poseurs, fakes, and wannabes. So, I guess, yeah, that could be my problem.

With regard to recording streams off the internet, it appears that this falls under the fair use provisions of established law, particularly the Millenium Copyright Act -- as long as the recording is used for personal use only and isn't redistributed. (That said, 'busting' copy protection is apparently illegal under almost any circumstance. So you may be forced to make an analog recording of the stream, as many stream recorders do, rather than capturing the stream digitally and stripping it of protection.

Here's a CNET review of one of the more interesting stream recorders. It attempts to break the stream into individual tracks and tag them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Replay_Music/4505-9240_7-30998972-2.html?tag=glance
[There's even a page on the legal aspects: http://www.replay-music.com/legal.php ]

Last edited:
My bad homie. The only reason i even said anything is because im as guilty as anyone when it comes to mispelling words on the net. Only like shortcut words like "cuz" and "u" and "Y" not to use slang just to shorten my long ass posts. i just dont wanna feel like im writing an esay in here. I dont want to have to double check my posts to make sure its acceptable to others. I dont feel the need. plus my screenname "BTHROWD" is about as mispelled as it gets. But i generally dont use street slang nothing that falls too far from Texas slang that is.
Anyways my bad i shouldnt have taken it personal.
peace

Oh... me, too. ;)

I'm just cranky this morning.

(And I'd sure hate to get hauled into court for every misspelling, typo, and forgotten comma in my posts!)

We'll just leave my (admittedly cranky) rant as a cautionary message to those poor souls who go out of their way to make their writing less intelligible to others in the thinking that it makes them look hip.

Again, all you bad spellers, poor typists, and English-class drop-outs who are just doing the best you can -- don't sweat it. I ain't talking about you. :D

PS... I tried out the demo for Replay-Music and it worked well. I recorded a streamed Miles Davis album (which sounded pretty damn good in the 160kbps WMA original) and it tagged all the songs right and split them appropriately. I used 192kbps (mp3 is the only format it records to, and no VBR) and it sounded pretty good. The cymbals and snare brushes lost a little sizzle and detail and the horns showed the artifacts of two layers of lossy compression. (Overall, it sounded roughly equivalent to or maybe a little better than a 128k mp3. The artifacts on Miles' trumpet were probablly a little worse than you'd expect from an optimal 128k mp3.)

That said, the Replay-Music.com website was kind of funky... every time I loaded a page there, I got an error message that there was no CD in my drive. And, when I went to actually buy a registration key, it took my cc info and then timed out on a page that said something like "It may take as long as 30 seconds to process your credit card. Do not use your back button, or you may be charged twice." No links to report errors, no "if this page fails" stuff... nothing. Not exactly confidence inspiring. I finally gave up after a few minutes, closed the window (rather than possibly be charged twice) and clicked a link to contact them. And I got THAT back as undeliverable. I DID fill out a 'direct contact' message window but we'll have to see if that goes through. Haven't checked my CC website to see if it went through -- but it doesn't find my email address in its lookup. But, hey, the software worked, anyhow.

Last edited:
Back