Compression???Help

W

Way2Nice

All this talk i hear about compression...What does it do and how can it make my sound better?? I record all my tracks with cool edit pro and..can i "compress" with cool edit(if i can HOW!?!?!?)...

i'm trying to setup a studio in the extra room i dont have nearly everything i need yet just enuff to record...i got a mic i got from a kareoke machine and a eurorack ub502(which i dont really know wut to do with i just mess with it till my voice sounds right)...i setup the mic in the closet with sum sheets on the walls hoping that would do some good...

so basically..."what is compression, how can it help my sound, and how can i do it with cool edit??" and "what else would anyone suggest for my setup???" nothing to expensive.....i would apreciate sum help.. i figure ther must be alot of people here that know a bunch of **** that can help me out...oh yea and my genre is hip hop...thanks

Yo Good lookin on that website..After reading that and jotting down some notes i learned a whole lot ot shyt...now i'm even thinkin bout coppin a compressor....but does anybody have any suggestion on what i should get to build a homestudio with good quality sound for a cheap reasonable price.

i tried to do some compression in cool edit...didnt work out i didnt know wut to do...it helped me out with sum quality for my bneats tho.

Back