Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Monitors

Thanks

Choosing Monitors

Sign in to disable this ad
    Kay I planed on getting the bx5's with the SBX sub but now Im having second thoughts considering i live in Canada its mad expensive it'll be like 800 for the sub and 650 for the monitiors so do the math it gonna be like $1500 theres no point spending that much on a set up that ain't even that good so should I buy a different pair of monitors ditch the sub and save some money or should buy some really good monitors $800-$1200 or so?

Thanks
    I want good bass response also but I know y'all are gonna tell to check out the M1's but Ive heard they give off too much bass so i dont know I suppose I'll look into them anyway

Thanks
    any others?
    .....kay Im talking to myself now

Thanks
    Why do you want a sub? you dont need one, and unless you got a proper monitoring room they're pretty worthless and can throw you off in my opinion....You shouldnt need one, especially if you cant exactly afford to splurge on one, or one thats really good quality to begin with. Just take that money you thought you needed to spend on one and add it to your monitors fund and get a really decent pair.

I really like KRK monitors, the Mackie's are an obviously good choice and these are the two I would choose between personally. There's also a company named ADAM which makes some really nice looking monitors, but they can be quite expensive though they seem well worth it....Im planning on upgrading my monitors in this new year and these are my choices I've narrowed so far, leaning more on the KRK's-

Thanks
    I hear yeah 187. Anywhere you look, Canada's music equipment is much higher than the states....way more than exchange rate. I'm actually looking at the m-audio BX8...there about $800 canadian. The frequency on them are pretty good. The even 20/20 i hear are good as well for around the same price...but the low frequency isn't that good. Enuff people big up the KRK RP8...but there very expensive here...there almost $700 per speaker here. IF you look online (www.americanmusical.com)...they come out to be $249 per spreaker...a significant savings...i might buy mine in the states to save some $$$$.
    IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD!!!

Thanks
    Why not buy from a good ebay company, brand new... Or is that still not worth it.

Thanks
    yeah it no diff than going into a store cause they throw on over 100 bucks for shipping and **** but i think i found the monitors i want i just cant seem 2 find a price anywhere
    but anyway there the mackie HR 824's
    there just what im looking for anyone got any ideas on how much these cost?

Thanks
    http://www.platinum-records.com/MACK...4-prod6725.htm

10 second search on www.shopping.yahoo.com yielded that. Come on now, you can use a forum, you can use a search engine.

-Donovan
    Last edited by oALTAIRAo; 01-08-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks 4 the links i looked around myself but obviously not hard enough
    sweet monitiors tho hey??

Thanks
    Ok a few months pass and Iv'e dug up an old thread of mine.I ended up with the Alesis Prolinear DSP 820's I just gotta pick'em up this week.Any way looks like I'll need a second pair so I was wondering what do you think would be a good choice in the $600 price range?

I won't be mixing on them,strictly 4 preproduction/reference use only.

will I need a 8 inch woofer as these won't be my "main" monitors?

Im thinkin I need tight punchy bass,clear mids,and pleasant highs.Is this available in a 5 inch woofer and for about $600 cdn?

Iv'e narrowed my choices 2
    Alesis M1 mk2's
    KRK Rokit 5's
    Event TR-6'
    any others I should consider?
    Im leaning towards the KRK RP 5's
    lol,Iv'e allready spent $1400 on the DSP 820's so please don't suggest anything higher than $600...remember thats list pricing I don't get ANY of the deals you guys get.
    "you gotta work hard and mabey someday It'll pay off,or mabey it won't Im not telling you to lose hope,all Im sayin is either you got it or you don't."
    -Renegade

Thread Information