Cheap MCPs

J

Jaw

YO, I live in the UK and saw a MCP 2000 midi production center on Ebay, I put in a bid with a maximum price of £500, well while I was at work today someone outbid me and won (obviously).
So I was wondering are there any other places where you can buy them cheap.
(around 400-800)

PS. Any help would be apreciated.

is that a generic version of the MPC? don't ever call them cheap. But I've never heard of an MCP so I'm out.

lol...na dogg unless u find a person who is willin to sell it to u u kno someone u kno a friend..a friend of a friend...u kno....or hit up ur local recording store and ask if they have em used...but it will still be round 1000 in america dollaz

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....mcp...trinton......emusp1600....montif.....What is the world coming too????:(....well ne-way Welcome to FP!!!:hello:

try turnkey music in london , they have deals going on mpc2000xl's

maybe some ex demo stuff - saved a couple of hundred on a virus b with them and saved £2500 on my tascam mixer and analog cards so worth a try eh

No, stay away form Sonic State classifieds, I almost got burnt from a guy sellin' me a MPC 2000. You should checkout Ebay as often as possible, new listing are coming up constantly.
For some reason people will pay high dollar for MPCs on Ebay, like $100.00 to $200.00 cheaper. Most of the unit are like 5 years old, like the 2000.
I don't get it you can get a brand new 2000XL for $1,100 the same one on Ebay sell for $900.00. I got a good deal for a 2000, 32 megs, 8 output board for $650.00. I was searchin' for a few months though, turned around and sold it for $800.00. I guees it's the demand and craze over this machine.
Most people think its the "Magic Box" of beats. Not realizing that talent is what gets you hott beats. Some guy buy one and 2 weeks later sell them cause they couldn't make any beats.

Point is keep checking Ebay, if you're gonna buy one from a classified, use an Escrow service.

Thanks for the responces.....well, some of the responces (lol),

Anyway, I saw an MPC 3000(not an MCP) on Ebay for cheaper than the MPC 2000???? Is the 3000 newer???

PS. mpcpro, thanks for puttin me in your signature (****) lol,

jAw,

Jaw said:

PS. mpcpro, thanks for puttin me in your signature (****) lol,

jAw,

Hey, it's all love man!
Monkey_wink.gif

rock and soul in newyork city sold my friend a 2000 for 8 with 8 outs n max ram. i dont kno how that would work out with shipping. even on ebay you can get one for 8. you can go talk to the people who work in the music stores by you, those cats often know people selling all audio equipment especially mpcs. its better to see it in person. normally if somebody whos sellin the mpc for 5-6ish theres somethin wrong. nothin serious but the screens always get lines in em over time , people blow scsi fuses, somebody else told me their record ins didnt work right. all this stuff you can fix for not that much but it adds to the overall cost. also the 8 studio outs matters. for when you need to record out in a studio and have mad tracks. more ram is also better. id say dont be over eager and somethin will pop up. i waited for like a year and got a pair of technic1210's mint for 550.

jackpot777 said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....mcp...trinton......emusp1600....montif.....What is the world coming too????:(....well ne-way Welcome to FP!!!:hello:

hahahaha nice

Back