cheap alternative to SM58?

S

sorridsky

Is there one? the durability isnt an issue, as i want a couple for the studio not for live gigs.
its just sound quality Im after.. vocals and guitar..
i would get a 57 and 58, but Ive spent to much lately.

I really wouldn't go below the 57 or 58. they're not that expensive. i think you could get the 57 for like 60 bucks and the 58 for 85. They are unbeliveable mikes. I've had my 57 for over 6 years now, and damn thing performs as well as the first day i used it. An i love the way my guitar sound through it. I doesn't have too much of a problem with Proximity Effect. The 58 is really good for live playing. they're ok for studio use. i'd rather something a bit more professional like the Blue's or Shure has the KSM44/sl (i love the KSM). but i won't go below either the SM 57 or the SM 58. remember, Microphones are one of the most important pieces in your line up, if not your most. Spend the extra money, you'll be thankful later.

"Cheap alternative" to a 58?

A cheap alternative to one of the cheapest (and most popular) microphones on the planet?

Ya I agree with all above, the SM(s) are already cheap enough, and the results are outstanding price/performance ratio wise. They are a standard.

Try picking them up used...

Back